What can i expect now?
08-31-2016, (Subject: What can i expect now? ) 
What can i expect now?
Ok here's the low down on my '10 Pete 386. Cm 871 with about 75000 on inframe. Just got the truck back this week after replacing the dpf and the egr valve ( second one in a year and a half). Ran the truck for a week and it coded on me with the dpf filter full light on. Its got 685xxx on the odo. I do not have insite yet to check it myself. Tried to do a parked regen and it started off, hest light came on after a few minutes, stayed on for a few minutes then went back off and the dpf light came back on. Any ideas what I can expect this time?
replyreply
RE: What can i expect now?
(08-31-2016 )Rooster74 Wrote:  Ok here's the low down on my '10 Pete 386. Cm 871 with about 75000 on inframe. Just got the truck back this week after replacing the dpf and the egr valve ( second one in a year and a half). Ran the truck for a week and it coded on me with the dpf filter full light on. Its got 685xxx on the odo. I do not have insite yet to check it myself. Tried to do a parked regen and it started off, hest light came on after a few minutes, stayed on for a few minutes then went back off and the dpf light came back on. Any ideas what I can expect this time?
It's not going to regen until you clear the whatever codes are active. First thing you need to do is get Insite /Inline data link so you can see what's really going on.

Was the DOC cleaned or replaced? High probability it's showing cry baby codes.
Are you losing any coolant?
Have you done the complete EGR tune up? All sensors?
Has the Doser been replaced or cleaned?
Have you replaced the Delta P on the canister and cleaned the tubes?

We have the same truck, same miles,been down that road.
It's a losing battle.

You have a fresh inframe? Good time to consider plan B.
Life without the CEL.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
The DOC was not cleaned. The egr tune up is next on my list. The doser valve was replaced last year and cleaned while it was down for the dpf filter. I really wish I had done plan b first but I didn't. But I may end up there anyways.
replyreply
The DOC was not cleaned. The egr tune up is next on my list. The doser valve was replaced last year and cleaned while it was down for the dpf filter. I really wish I had done plan b first but I didn't. But I may end up there anyways.
replyreply
(08-31-2016 )Rooster74 Wrote:  The DOC was not cleaned. The egr tune up is next on my list. The doser valve was replaced last year and cleaned while it was down for the dpf filter. I really wish I had done plan b first but I didn't. But I may end up there anyways.

When was the last time the IMAP, Delta P or exhaust gas pressure sensors were replaced?
Something is causing excess soot and those 3 are major contributors.
That should have been done with the already.
Any bets they left the old ones on when the inframe was done?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
09-03-2016, (Subject: What can i expect now? ) 
Sorry about the delay in the reply, been busy trying to get everything in order. Those sensors were replaced about a year and a half ago. So far it's looking like when the dpf went it may have gotten the turbo. I just replaced it about 2 years ago along with the actuator. Its about to cause a poor boy to go broke. Ahh the joys of owning a truck!!!
replyreply
09-04-2016, (Subject: What can i expect now? ) 
(09-03-2016 )Rooster74 Wrote:  Sorry about the delay in the reply, been busy trying to get everything in order. Those sensors were replaced about a year and a half ago. So far it's looking like when the dpf went it may have gotten the turbo. I just replaced it about 2 years ago along with the actuator. Its about to cause a poor boy to go broke. Ahh the joys of owning a truck!!!

Sensors replaced a year and a half ago? Get in there and do the EGR tuneup. And, if you are going to keep the mandate, you will need to do the EGR tuneup at the very least once a year. If you are putting some miles on, I would do it twice a year. If I were you, before you destroy your motor with soot, is to go Plan B. It is not difficult on the 871, and will save you thousands of dollars a year in better MPGs, breakdowns and the damage that you are doing to that motor. I halved my monthly/weekly fuel bill when I went plan B. Then you WILL HAVE the monies you will need to fix the rest of the truck when the cheap and overpriced Chinese and Mexican parts start failing wholesale on you. Trust me on that, been there and still there...
replyreply
Someone pointed this out to me the other day....

They said .. "Its funny how so many shops replace turbochargers accusing them of being bad when the truck had DPF issues, but you remove the mandate, re-program the turbo properly for it, and suddenly all the turbo errors go away too."

This begs the question -- How come if it was bad,... Why did it suddenly start working properly again? --- lol
replyreply
If you want to see if your turbo is bad,.. follow my video on how to inspect and replace it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.