Torsion bar issue
04-09-2018, (Subject: Torsion bar issue ) 
RE: Torsion bar issue
My tran cooler got taken out as well but it was because a mechanic was taking the rad out and leaned the hood forward past where it usually stops and had it resting on a barrel, dug right in!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I think this may be one of those cases that if someone took some good pictures, we would all know what your talking about.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , fargonaz
(04-09-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I think this may be one of those cases that if someone took some good pictures, we would all know what your talking about.

My truck has been in the shop over the weekend, and NO, not the local stealershit. Crappy weather where I live is still below freezing outside, so they're doing repairs that I would have liked to do myself. It should be warm here next week but replacing the rad couldn't wait. I asked them to take a look at that hood torsion bar for me too, so it'll probably be fixed when I pick up the truck. I could take some pictures once I have the truck back.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(04-09-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I think this may be one of those cases that if someone took some good pictures, we would all know what your talking about.

Just use your imagination Chamberpains, and go "Ooh, yeah! That's terrible..." :huh:

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
./uploads/201804/post_1367_1523319090_5227343e6fbe839a01d5a48addd52970.jpeg

Took from the net but see how that tension bar is so close to the cooler fins.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Maybe its just the picture but lookes pretty crooked to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Holy crap, that f'ed up. Sorry.
replyreply
04-10-2018, (Subject: Torsion bar issue ) 
Oh..... yeah, that IS terrible......
Hahaha.
Thanks for the pic I now understand what and where this hood assist torsion bar is. Are they hard to bolt back in place or are they at rest in a good angle to bolt them back on without to much of a headache?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.