Engine Break with Cruise
06-03-2022, (Subject: Engine Break with Cruise ) 
Engine Break with Cruise
We finally received our new trucks with Cummins 500 Efficiency Series. Can someone please remind me what feature and parameter needs to be set to allow the engine brake to work with cruise control active?

Thank you.
replyreply
06-03-2022, (Subject: Engine Break with Cruise ) 
RE: Engine Break with Cruise
Insite. Engine brake parameter I believe. Under that I think there’s a few options one for setting a delay and than one for the cruise I’ll check on insite tomorrow if nobody’s answered
replyreply
06-04-2022, (Subject: Engine Break with Cruise ) 
Mine was the transmission parameter. I have an auto shift with a clutch and it was set to manual under the transmission type in the ECM. Once I switched it the Jakes would work and not kick the cruise off every time.

Side note: that was years ago. Then I learned how bad the cruise control abuses a motor, turbo, …etc. I no longer use the cruise control ever. Your best bet is to stop using the cruise altogether…. Just my $.02.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-05-2022, (Subject: Engine Break with Cruise ) 
GhostHauling,

Yes, I have Insite. I was able to jump back on and enable “Cruise Control and Engine Brake Interaction”. I didn’t have access to a truck when I was running though everything I needed to change and couldn’t remember what I needed to do.

JMBT,

These are manual transmissions, so there aren’t any transmission settings to change that would change it.
replyreply
Adjust the cruise control lower droop speed to 0mph this will ensure the truck activates the engine brake 2-3mph over set speed instead of almost 5mph over. I put a half second delay on mine too so it doesn't shock the drive train if I cancel the cruise or let go of the accelerator.
replyreply
BobbyTTour: the parameter I was talking about is an engine ECM parameter that tells the engine ECM what kind of transmission it is working with…whether you have a manual, auto with clutch pedal, or a full automatic, you have this parameter in your engine ECM parameters.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
06-06-2022, (Subject: Engine Break with Cruise ) 
Max road speed will ha ve to lowered
factory sets it to high and cruise wont come on till the 90-95 they set it at
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.