I need Ideas on what to check.
05-10-2022, (Subject: I need Ideas on what to check. ) 
RE: I need Ideas on what to check.
The last cummins over hall kit I bought came with 3 sets of cooling nozzles, So they "should" have been new and the last thing to install on a build (to keep from damaging them)
Cracked liner Id have to pulled and inspect where the parts OEM or aftermarket?
Like Rawze said tho Usally a bad nozzle will endup with a cracked and or burt piston there job is to keep the pistons cool, thats why when the timing is jacked up in a tune you will see higher oil temps
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bamaprez
06-04-2022, (Subject: I need Ideas on what to check. ) 
Thanks for all the imputes this is just an update on what was found and what was the solution was. Again I value everyone's input and candor. After engine teardown. the #1 liner/piston had grenaded. inspecting the pieces I didn't fine and aluminum transfer on the liner bits as in the piston gaulding but the were not a lot of big pieces left this time. It got the block this time along with two valves and the injector. So they have agreed to purchase me a new long block although there's a two month backorder from Cummins. Now after pulling the rest apart myself I broke out an old eddy current machine from my time in the service and I found cracks in two of the 5 remaining liners in the engine. All just below the ring for the shims. Thanks again for the responses and thanks to Rawze for the website and dedications to trying to help us O/O stay profitable.

John
replyreply
06-04-2022, (Subject: I need Ideas on what to check. ) 
(06-04-2022 )Bamaprez Wrote:  Thanks for all the imputes this is just an update on what was found and what was the solution was. Again I value everyone's input and candor. After engine teardown. the #1 liner/piston had grenaded. inspecting the pieces I didn't fine and aluminum transfer on the liner bits as in the piston gaulding but the were not a lot of big pieces left this time. It got the block this time along with two valves and the injector. So they have agreed to purchase me a new long block although there's a two month backorder from Cummins. Now after pulling the rest apart myself I broke out an old eddy current machine from my time in the service and I found cracks in two of the 5 remaining liners in the engine. All just below the ring for the shims. Thanks again for the responses and thanks to Rawze for the website and dedications to trying to help us O/O stay profitable.

John

It won't do you any good to fix that engine or replace it if you don't get that bad delete programming fixed that caused all of that grief to begin with too.

If you haven't already, then have that ecm programming looked at/ reviewed... never take it for granted. - Send me a copy of the programming for a review to rule it out... I don't care who did it. At least that will ensure it was not a cause towards failures as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.