CM2350 Ratings
09-01-2016, (Subject: CM2350 Ratings ) 
CM2350 Ratings
I found this today that shows the compression ratio and B50 rating of the CM2350.
https://www.internationaltrucks.com/engi...mins-isx15

I think they have stretch the B rating a bit...
Most engines we have done have been into about 750K Miles... So this is a stretch...
replyreply
RE: CM2350 Ratings
So no cm2250 or 2350 will make it past 750k? What can you do to make it to 1 million miles?
replyreply
RE: CM2350 Ratings
(09-01-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  So no cm2250 or 2350 will make it past 750k? What can you do to make it to 1 million miles?

A B50 rating means that 50% of the engine will not make it PAST that mileage without the head coming off. The other 50% WILL make it past that point.

I think what Mr. Hag was trying to say, is that most if the ISX engines that have failed enough to pull the head off, the average mileage range is in the 750k range, NOT in the million range. I tend to agree with this. Most engines I have seen with a bad head gasket or liners, or other problems requiring the head to be removed on them,.. were in fact in the 600-800k range. In just about every single case,... the head or other major problems are discovered BEFORE (sometimes during, as things are inspected) custom tuning was done to them.

Personally I think the reason for this, is that most people wait until that emission system has taken its toll badly on the engine. Everything from excess cam wear, carbon and soot packed rings/pistons, internal heat damage from all the reflected heat in the exhaust, etc. damage is done inside them by the time the rtruck owner has had enough and is fed up with all the down time. I can't tell you how many engines I have seen that had leaky injectors and clear signs of internal heat damage due to those proverbial "cans" not allowing the exhaust to breathe. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEM!--- When they are acting up and throwing codes,... THEY ARE ALSO CAUSING YOU HEAT DAMAGE MOST OF THE TIME TOO!

It is the number one cause of failed and leaky injectors from what My own experience is, and many times it is the cause of head/gasket problems too.

===========

If you want your engine to make it past one million miles, i suggest the following..

** PUT A BYPASS OIL FILTER ON IT WHEN THE ENGINE IS STILL BRAND NEW - to keep the soot and carbon packing out of it!. Personally, i think they should come from the factory with this, but they do not. That combo filter they claim does this is pure bullS$$T.

** If you DON'T want to remove the exhaust restrictive mandate,... keep after it like a hawk!. Regular EGR tune-ups and forced regens once in a while. Keep those cans clean and REPLACE THEM every 400k miles or so with ALL NEW CANS!. Also replace the EGR Valve at about the 500k mile mark or so and keep it clean in between.

** Otherwise,.. its "mandate removal" early on so that it cannot take its toll on the engine.

** regular overhead valve adjustments and sensor replacements at every 250k miles or os.

* Alter your oil change interval based on fuel mileage, not time or miles alone. This is one of the big mistakes people make these days and if your oil smalls more like soot than oil,... you are not changing it nearly often enough.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.