Fuel pump fun
06-08-2022, (Subject: Fuel pump fun ) 
Fuel pump fun
Well, oil sample came back with slightly elevated chromium levels ….almost got nauseous….proceeded to pull the valve cover off to check the cam and followers and found no issues. I then pulled fuel pump head to check the rollers and cam lobes on the pump and found a surprise.

I replaced the pump rollers and plungers about 50000km ago so I am not sure if it got contaminated or I didn’t inspect the pump well enough when I replaced them and missed a mark in the pump cam. Not impressed that I cannot rebuild the pump and reman is the only option.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
RE: Fuel pump fun
Holy $hit that was close!.....Whats the mileage on the truck currently? Also, whats the pins that hold the rollers in place look like? Were they the updated version? Hard to tell in the pic.
replyreply
Engine has 1080000 km on it, rebuilt at 850000km. Pump I’m sure is original, I don’t think the guides have been updated. The rollers I replaced were the old versions.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
06-09-2022, (Subject: Fuel pump fun ) 
yeah, you got luck on that find... that thing would have taken out the whole engine if you had kept driving it for very much longer.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.