Fuel in oil
06-06-2022, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
Fuel in oil
I have a 2007 Cummins isx I'm working on truck it has fuel in the oil. I removed the cover and put dye in the fuel. It's leaking from injector 3 (infront of fan clutch) and I even replace it with a new injector with new oil rigs. I put the purple light and it still has diesel coming out of injector 3. I changed the injector sleeve and it's still leaking fuel. I looked at the head and there's no cracks that I see or when I removed the sleeve. I need help. I'm not sure why fuel is in the oil and it's only showing on injector 3. I provided a picture with the dye marking in injector 3

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202206/post_6075_1654529665_714abb3fc17523629a27a3742264594c.jpeg./uploads/202206/post_6075_1654529678_79c21dd573bec6221d02fbee7281ac47.jpeg
replyreply
RE: Fuel in oil
I forgot to mention the head was replaced 2 months ago and all injectors and o rings were replaced as well. I also replaced the mechanical fuel pump and nothing changed.
replyreply
Go buy a bango fitting and pressure test the return outlet on the head? Also going to be hard to find a crack if the head is ambient temp. Just a though..
replyreply
Seen it more than a few times. If it is not the gear pump leaking then it is a cracked head.

If it is a certified OEM head, it should have a warranty on it unless someone is abusing the engine, usually with bad delete programming.

Does the engine have a delete program in it?.. if so, that is the place to start before going any further, as bad delete programming will crack heads easily depending on how bad it is and over time, destroy a lot of other things.

And if it is not a certified OEM head, then whoever built it needs to have their head shoved into a wall for their complete garbage of an inframe that was done to a $40,000 commercial engine that some truck owners hard earned moneys was completely wasted on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.