03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
06-12-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
I did but I went off of a video I saw on YouTube on how to refill it.What should I have been looking for?
[/quote]

When I fill a system and check the pressures of low side and high side here is what I look for:

-high side pressure should float from 200-350 psi, the fan should kick in at around 300-350 psi
-low side pressure should be 12-35 psi, the compressor should kick off around 12-15 psi

-These pressures are ball park but should be close to what you would see on any well functioning system. If you run with a 2 speed fan you should have pretty stable pressures on high side but I always like to see the compressor kick off after a couple minutes of idling. If you don't see the compressor kick off and you don't have good pressures, you either don't have the right amount of refrigerant or have a worn compressor I would say. If your compressor kicks off and you don't have the right pressure, you either don't have the right amount of refrigerant or may have a plugged expansion valve.

If your compressor does not kick off but the system is cold... send it down the road buddy its cold.

But most often than not when a customer comes to see me with a weak A/C system on a older truck like yours, assuming your heater box is original and you replaced your cab air filter, the issue is not the A/C system itself but its in the HVAC system. I'm a KW tech so I'm not familiar with those trucks but here is some things to verify before spending big money in the A/C system.

-malfunctioning blend doors (if applicable)
-malfunctioning water valves (if applicable)
-Plugged Evaporator cores with dust and dirt
-Plugged heater cores with dust and dirt
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well - Mikanic - 06-12-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.