Isx low power, black fuel, coolant pressure, and more
06-13-2022, (Subject: Isx low power, black fuel, coolant pressure, and more ) 
Isx low power, black fuel, coolant pressure, and more
Recently my 2010 prostar with an isx has lost almost all power. It’s got a bunch of issues:

Fuel in the tanks and the davco is black. Has black flakes in it.

It’s been losing coolant at about 1 gal/500 miles for weeks now. Coolant reservoir has pressure in it. Every time I take the cap off the coolant level rises as pressure is released

Regen light came on in the last 400 miles. Did parked regen but engine doesn’t reach a steady
Rpm, it stutters and goes up and down. Regen light still on after I did this 3 times.

It’s got some blow-by. Oil is also getting past the turbo going into the pressure side.

Is it possible it’s not the head gasket?
replyreply
06-13-2022, (Subject: Isx low power, black fuel, coolant pressure, and more ) 
RE: Isx low power, black fuel, coolant pressure, and more
As far as loosing coolant, pressurize the coolant system to a full 20 PSI and find where all the leaks are. You need to find out where that coolant is going. Check the back of the egr cooler to see if it is seeping as well.

As far as the regen lights.. when is the last time a thorough EGR tune-up was done to it?. Start with that...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.