Failed After treatment Tesst
06-13-2022, (Subject: Failed After treatment Tesst ) 
Failed After treatment Tesst
Greetings all,
I have a 2015 ProStar with an ISXCM 2350. I've been having problems with fuel mileage so I changed some EGR system sensors and ran a regen test with insite And it failed. No active codes on the dash or in insite fault codes.. I have attached the test results message and also the regen history.. I was wondering if someone can help me understand what I'm reading and tell me what to look for and check. I have never cleaned my EGR valve before but I plan on doing that tomorrow. Thanks in adance

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202206/post_5941_1655169332_4e0181bff8d13d9aac9df15a75b907b4.jpg./uploads/202206/post_5941_1655169389_427019fe86f8865e873a93a71426d77e.jpg
replyreply
06-14-2022, (Subject: Failed After treatment Tesst ) 
RE: Failed After treatment Tesst
Also does anyone know where I can find a video on how to remove and replace Dpf?
replyreply
That history looks fairly decent actually. At the point where the dpf pressure in the history is getting to 3.0+ inhg is the point where problems are starting to show.

As far as the DPF inlet temp low, you should clean the Doser injector, located right behind the turbo, and as well, ensure there are no exhaust leaks between the engine and the DPF, etc.

It being a 2015, make sure you have replaced the exhaust gas pressure sensor and the IMAP sensors during your EGR tune-up. Also clean the circuit for the exhaust pressure sensor.

it also being 6+ years old truck, at some point that EGR cooler itself is going to become inefficient due to carbon and soot buildup, and cause the turbo to over-spool at idle .. here is some related info on that too.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid49254

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I actually replaced gas pressure sensor last week. Insite said my EGR cooler is 100 percent. At what percentage should I consider changing it? When I clean the doser injector do I have to do any reset in insite? If so how do I do that.. I just got insite 2 weeks ago, still learning the software.
replyreply
Just pull the pipe and gently clean the tip it with a tiny wire brush. try not to jam it in there hard, as to prevent a bristle from the brush getting caught into the injector tip.

Maybe crank the engine up while the pipe is pulled away from the turbo and then look at the injector tip so ensure fuel is not seeping from it. That is a common issue that causes mysterious fuel mileage losses (and regen issues sometimes) on a lot of trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for all your help.. When I was standing over my engine while trying to get the EGR valve out I noticed my filter minder gauge was cracked.. I'm going to go pick up a new one as soon as I get this valve back in. However I was wondering will that extra air coming in from the crack affect my end of performance?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.