Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light
06-25-2022, (Subject: Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light ) 
Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light
Hello everyone this is my first post so first I'd like to say thank you for all the help I received from this website over the last year, Truly thank you very much.

My question today is in regards to my 2006 Volvo vnl 300 with an isx cm870. It currently has an ABS light on and the code that is showing is "Sid 251 fmi 4" a low battery voltage code. I've completely checked all connections at the Bendix Ec-60 Abs ECU and have actually replaced that ECU. it is still showing the same code. All connections at the battery appear to be correct. I'm fairly certain the issue is wiring related but I have no idea how to test, troubleshoot, or trace this problem. I have attached a screenshot of the codes currently showing on JPRO. Any help or guidance in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202206/post_5874_1656193511_21b171af937dd23f9cd9124f83e6332a.png
replyreply
06-25-2022, (Subject: Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light ) 
RE: Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light
Are you able to do a test drive and are all the speed sensors working? You could have a shorted abs sensor that is bringing down the voltage. You could also unplug sensors and see if you switch from your current voltage code to a missing speed sensor code.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Copper
06-26-2022, (Subject: Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light ) 
To check your ABS problem go to Bendix web and download EC-60 troubleshooting manual. It's not rare to have power supply wire damaged inside insulation under cab driver side. Really hard to spot as it only slightly visible bulge on the wire buried in between other wires. Also corrosion could be inside the plug where wires crimped to terminals.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Copper
06-26-2022, (Subject: Volvo Electrical issues/ Abs Light ) 
Thanks for the replies Windowratler and Snailexpress, so here's what I figured out so far. I reinstalled the old ec-60 ecm and that fixed the power supply code.

However now there is a new code "blink code 11-2". Which according to that ec-60 troubleshooting manual is a J1939 retarder Error. Does anyone know where this retarder is located? From what I understand reading that guide the problem actually lies in the j1939 data link. The brake ecu needs to talk with the engine ecu. Which this this faulty data link is preventing thus the abs light. Does that sound right to you guys or am I way off?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.