Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
08-22-2018, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
I had a peterbilt 379 midroof that had a upper bunk that folded into a shelf so manufacturers di have that capability.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDB
01-25-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
My prostar sleeper windows are leaking as well. You guys seem to have the fix to the problem. Anybody wanna fix mine? Let me know the price
replyreply
(01-25-2020 )david24 Wrote:  My prostar sleeper windows are leaking as well. You guys seem to have the fix to the problem. Anybody wanna fix mine? Let me know the price

Get a grinder, cut the interior piece around the entire window away, about 3 inches out from the window edge, remove, easy access now. ;-)

Other than that, it is an easy but very annoying job, especially if there is a top bunk. Took me an entire day, the hard part was getting the interior wall free enough to get in there to work. It is very fragile, almost brittle. The top trim and or cabinets need to come out, and then you work your way around with the moon clips. The wall will not come out, the objective is to get enough room behind it to get your hand and a small 1/4" ratchet back there with a torx bit to remove the 20 some screws holding the window in. Once those are removed, the window will pop out from the outside.

I used butyl rubber 1/4" round window gasket on mine, it has never leaked since. To install, just do everything in reverse. It took me an entire day to do the one window, passenger side is still holding with factory gasket.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , david24
(01-25-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Get a grinder, cut the interior piece around the entire window away, about 3 inches out from the window edge, remove, easy access now. ;-)

I used a dremel tool on mine a long time ago... cut the plastic wall away, back about 3" or so around the window on all sides ... No way was I going to take the walls, bunk, shelves and everything else apart just to replace a foam seal that was not fit for holding back dust, nonetheless water... I took one look and said .. screw that, hand me my dremel!.

Once a person sees the garbage foam seal they used, makes you wonder who's head ws up who's arsse at the factory.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Paccardude
(01-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  Once a person sees the garbage foam seal they used, makes you wonder who's head ws up who's arsse at the factory.

Please, like the guys at the factory had any say in the design? They probably saw the materials and shook their heads, making comments about the "smart" guys that sit in their little offices and design these things based on a bunch of number on paper. "hmm, the manufacturer claims that this part meets the minimum specs from our engineers AND it's the cheapest thing I can find. Sold!"

Then some executive looks at the numbers and orders everyone to do it with lighter weight materials and cheaper costs.

Finally, some marketing analyst looks at everything and decides that the final product should sell for more money because of "superior design resulting in lighter weight materials". Maybe through in the words "space age" and "revolutionary" just for good measure.

$$$$$

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
It's roughly a $3000 repair at the dealership, because they install a new window, last time I checked, those were running around $1500 to $1700+... The rest is labor.

I fixed mine for like $10 and my time. Oh, and a case of beer, after the job was completed. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude
Oh just tape 1" away from the outer seal of the window and spray some flex seal on the outside of the truck, itll just look like you have a thicker window trim. 10 minute redneck fix.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Paccardude
01-26-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
(01-25-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Oh just tape 1" away from the outer seal of the window and spray some flex seal on the outside of the truck, itll just look like you have a thicker window trim. 10 minute redneck fix.
Now that sounds like something I could handle
replyreply
02-26-2020, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
(01-25-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Oh just tape 1" away from the outer seal of the window and spray some flex seal on the outside of the truck, itll just look like you have a thicker window trim. 10 minute redneck fix.
Flex Seal doesn't work cause it's dripping and doesn't hold well when filling vertical lines. I used this one instead and it seems to work so far:
https://amzn.to/2HXXczV
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.