Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
08-01-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
(08-01-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Does the weather strip around the window mention above doesn't last, is that why it had to be taken off again?

No, the window never leaked again. That stuff seals VERY well!. I had to take the window out because of a different problem with it. The glue (from factory) that holds the glass onto the metal opening mechanism was starting to let go in the heat and the window itself became loose. i did not want it to fall out going down the road and had to take the whole window out to get to the bracket.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-01-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
(08-01-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I had to remove one of my windows a second time several months later after sealing it with the adhesive strip mentioned above. I can tell you that adhesive is really strong and seals really really good. it also does not harden like a glue, but stays soft/plyable etc. even after many months of being on there. It really did not want to let go, and i had to take my time prying gnetly at it to stretch it and make it let go.

After I got it off, it left a really gummy mess all over the flange where it was sealing, and it resembles thick, gummy tar. i used a small scraper to get all but a thin film of it, took a while, but all of it came off but a thin film. For the thin gooey film that was left, I dipped paper towels in gasoline (benzine) and it melted it like water/wiped it right off. It was VERY easy to remove that goo with some gasoline.

I though I would mention this, as i am sure other people will want to someday remove the window again at some point. i was surprised that I could take it off relatively easy and put new sealer on. That was nice to know.

There is a product called goo be gone. that will remove the adhesive, although it will take a little rubbing to remove it. it might be a little safer than gas. LOL (Yes i've used gas too:angel:) just putting it out there, then finish with a little alcohol wipe for a clean surface. but gas works really well....:rolleyes:
replyreply
08-02-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
That is a great product, I have used it many times.
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Bassman, If it's a piece of weather stripping that pushes onto a channel or something like that, i've found that a weatherstrip adhesive works best. 3M makes one as well as Permatex, I found it at Napa. Used it on a firewall weather strip on the hood of a Pete 389 and held pretty good.
replyreply
11-22-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
I'm doing this repair now, but I have take out the interior panels.
replyreply
11-23-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
Well, the interior is gutted. Now all the cabinets are out, I'm going to dynamat the floor and put my hardwood down. Now I see why there always seem to have a breeze g ping thru the truck. The installation international uses is quite thin. I don't see how to post pics. I'll try to get ahold of Rawze and Mayb3 he can post them.
replyreply
Those windows made a mess by leaking. The foam that is attach to the vinyl floor is black.
replyreply
(11-23-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Those windows made a mess by leaking. The foam that is attach to the vinyl floor is black.

Yup,.. just wait till the glue that holds the glass in place lets go on you one day. I ended up removing one of my windows, frame and all completely after the glass fell out and replacing it with a single piece of Plexiglas paneling from home depot instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Those windows made a mess by leaking. The foam that is attach to the vinyl floor is black.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.