fuel pump update x15
06-29-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
Question fuel pump update x15
So I'm trying to get parts gathered to rebuild my fuel pump, replace the heads (Plunger and head is now one unit and non serviceable) and add the bleed line to the front pump head, but the part number for the new head 5572235 isn't coming up at my stealership, quickserve says it's obsolete. Original is 4384337 but doesn't show a succession for the new heads so I'm quite stumped. Trying to see if there's a new part number that I don't yet know of for the updated heads.
replyreply
RE: fuel pump update x15
Good Luck...

The stealerships told me that under no condition were they allowed to sell service kits for the fuel pumps now. Its a new or reman pump and will that be cash or charge....

I called cummins next and on my x15, 19, there are no service parts. However, If I make a serious donation to their coffee fund, my x15, 17 that is only a single head, the head can be replaced, but not rebuilt.

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Soulreaver0102
I wonder when this started? Isn't a new pump somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-30-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
The newer engines do however have quite a bit more operating costs. Things like more expensive injectors that tend to only last 600k miles or so before needing replacement, head is more expensive and tends to get leaky injector cups, fuel pump needs new guts every 400k miles to keep it from exploding and destroying entire engine, turbo controller on the X15 is not built as durably, etc.etc.etc.

Buisness-wise, without any compensation in some kind of actual gains ,... there is no reason for me to run anything newer at this point. A person would think that the newest X`15's would be slightly more fuel efficient.. or something to make up for all those added costs .. but they are not.

I'll keep running my CM871. Seems to have a much lower operating cost over its lifetime without any less fuel mileage than anything newer.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hookliftpete , JimT , zero4 , barf , Pd6cas2
Cummins not selling replacement parts for the fuel pump is just greed plain and simple. That's nothing new though.......

replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
I hate to ask, Id guess there is nothing of merit in the works aftermarket in this situation.
replyreply
I wouldn't trust it if there was.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
just looked up the price of the head for the original unit and nearly spat out my drink $2200!! hell might as well just get a new pump at this point.... New pump part number is 5594630px if anyone's looking. good luck ya'll.
replyreply
(06-30-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  just looked up the price of the head for the original unit and nearly spat out my drink $2200!! hell might as well just get a new pump at this point

A new pump is probably $6K or more.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.