fuel pump update x15
06-30-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
RE: fuel pump update x15
(06-30-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  
(06-30-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  just looked up the price of the head for the original unit and nearly spat out my drink $2200!! hell might as well just get a new pump at this point

A new pump is probably $6K or more.
Yeah at this rate the markets going we will probably have to finance them..
replyreply
(06-30-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  The newer engines do however have quite a bit more operating costs. Things like more expensive injectors that tend to only last 600k miles or so before needing replacement, head is more expensive and tends to get leaky injector cups, fuel pump needs new guts every 400k miles to keep it from exploding and destroying entire engine, turbo controller on the X15 is not built as durably, etc.etc.etc.

Buisness-wise, without any compensation in some kind of actual gains ,... there is no reason for me to run anything newer at this point. A person would think that the newest X`15's would be slightly more fuel efficient.. or something to make up for all those added costs .. but they are not.

I'll keep running my CM871. Seems to have a much lower operating cost over its lifetime without any less fuel mileage than anything newer.

I would even go to my old N14 engine... I know i know you don't like them for no parts availability.... But still, the more I read about new engines and parts for them the less I like new technology. If I had to choose right now between n14 and X15, I would choose N14 and try to find parts elsewhere... Around 5 years at MATS show in Louisville they guy told me that in some parts of the world they still have N14 engine. Why not get new parts from overseas if we can't get them here.
At some point I replaced fuel pump on N14 and it was maybe $300-$400 , the old lasted around 1,200,000. I just don't understand how simple piece of equipment became 15x more expensive .
replyreply
(06-30-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  just looked up the price of the head for the original unit and nearly spat out my drink $2200!! hell might as well just get a new pump at this point.... New pump part number is 5594630px if anyone's looking. good luck ya'll.

Thats actually not much more than it has been. I replaced the head on mine last April or so (theres a thread on it if you'd like to check all the part numbers for the replacement) and the price for the parts were around $2100 or so. It's def waayyyy cheaper than the entire pump replacement.
replyreply
(06-30-2022 )SquareOne Wrote:  Thats actually not much more than it has been. I replaced the head on mine last April or so (theres a thread on it if you'd like to check all the part numbers for the replacement) and the price for the parts were around $2100 or so. It's def waayyyy cheaper than the entire pump replacement.
For an X15? they have two heads/plungers completely different beast from the older single head style.
replyreply
Sorry, not for the X15...mine was for the cm2350. Is it that different? If it has twice the components, then the $2200 really wouldn't be that bad.
replyreply
(06-30-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  ...
I would even go to my old N14 engine... I know i know you don't like them for no parts availability.... But still, the more I read about new engines and parts for them the less I like new technology. If I had to choose right now between n14 and X15, I would choose N14 and try to find parts elsewhere... Around 5 years at MATS show in Louisville they guy told me that in some parts of the world they still have N14 engine. Why not get new parts from overseas if we can't get them here.
At some point I replaced fuel pump on N14 and it was maybe $300-$400 , the old lasted around 1,200,000. I just don't understand how simple piece of equipment became 15x more expensive .

(just some thoughts)...

Not only hard to get reliable injectors and other parts .. but the fuel mileage vs. a CM871 is not nearly as good for most highway applications. - That is why I am not such a fan of them, as fuel mileage is everything to a truck owner.. it is our #1 expense and keeping it in check as much as possible is the most important thing a truck owner can do.

The maint costs of a CM871 are slightly higher vs. an old N14 over the million miles.. but it saves far more than that in fuel over its lifetime.. and that is the point I always am trying to make with newer engines vs the stuff of yester-year.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4
07-01-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
The maint costs of a CM871 are slightly higher vs. an old N14 over the million miles.. but it saves far more than that in fuel over its lifetime.. and that is the point I always am trying to make with newer engines vs the stuff of yester-year.
[/quote]

I wonder if it is possible to fine tune n14 in a similar way we could tune isx? To install maybe waistgated turbo and such. When I drove my old engine I would get around 6.5-7 mpg. I was driving a bit slower then at around 60 mph. I think with what I know now I would make at least 0.5 mpg more.
replyreply
(07-01-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  '''
I wonder if it is possible to fine tune n14 in a similar way we could tune isx? To install maybe waistgated turbo and such. When I drove my old engine I would get around 6.5-7 mpg. I was driving a bit slower then at around 60 mph. I think with what I know now I would make at least 0.5 mpg more.

(the beer talkin')...

make a separate controller and install an electronic VG turbo (newer 400-series) and it may beat the 871. .. but you still have to contend with any junky replacement parts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  '''

(the beer talkin') but you still have to contend with any junky replacement parts.

Not to mention you still have a REALLY old truck with a boat load of other problems..... electrical gremlins, drive train problems, etc. etc. etc.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin , zero4

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.