fuel pump update x15
06-30-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
RE: fuel pump update x15
(06-30-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  ...
I would even go to my old N14 engine... I know i know you don't like them for no parts availability.... But still, the more I read about new engines and parts for them the less I like new technology. If I had to choose right now between n14 and X15, I would choose N14 and try to find parts elsewhere... Around 5 years at MATS show in Louisville they guy told me that in some parts of the world they still have N14 engine. Why not get new parts from overseas if we can't get them here.
At some point I replaced fuel pump on N14 and it was maybe $300-$400 , the old lasted around 1,200,000. I just don't understand how simple piece of equipment became 15x more expensive .

(just some thoughts)...

Not only hard to get reliable injectors and other parts .. but the fuel mileage vs. a CM871 is not nearly as good for most highway applications. - That is why I am not such a fan of them, as fuel mileage is everything to a truck owner.. it is our #1 expense and keeping it in check as much as possible is the most important thing a truck owner can do.

The maint costs of a CM871 are slightly higher vs. an old N14 over the million miles.. but it saves far more than that in fuel over its lifetime.. and that is the point I always am trying to make with newer engines vs the stuff of yester-year.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4

Messages In This Thread
RE: fuel pump update x15 - Rawze - 06-30-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.