Banks tries to destroy a duramax helped me learn
07-03-2022, (Subject: Banks tries to destroy a duramax helped me learn ) 
Banks tries to destroy a duramax helped me learn
I know a duramax isn't the same thing, but, I've been struggling trying to understand some of the aspects of how these diesels run. I've been reading a lot of articles and posts here and have really just been struggling. I have been avoiding asking questions just because I want a more complete understanding of things, so, I'm here now. I don't even know what I don't know.
I watched the YouTube series on the ...
{part of post removed by rawze... GARBAGE, BRAINWASHED INFO}

Can anyone point me in the direction of some similar types of stuff?
I'm also having a hard time navigating here as a lot of links where Rawze or someone else will try to link to another part of the forum where other detailed write-ups might be, but I keep getting messages saying I can't access that. I know I'm new here, and this place is probably trying to protect itself from what I'm guessing is a constant barrage of idiots trying to figure out how to get rid of these systems that are too complex for them to figure out how to fix properly. I am an idiot, but I'm not one of those idiots. Like I said, in an effort to not waste anyone's time, how can I get access to some of the more detailed stuff? Or are the links just broken and am I being too much an idiot to find the good stuff? Good stuff being, how to get these engines (mine being a cm2350)to run better while maintaining legality?
replyreply
RE: Banks tries to destroy a duramax helped me learn
From the videos I saw of that.. All I could see was that THE GUY MOSTLY HAS NO CLUE HOW A MODERN DIESEL ENGINE WORKS INTERNALLY!... HE IS LIVING IN THE PAST AND what I saw on his channel was mostly engine torture that had nothing much to do with making extra power... but trying to fight against an ecm that was programmed like total s$it! ++ push their after-garbage products.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Boxoftj
Right, I guess I forgot to ask about that, and how it pertains to our engines. I learned from it, or at least, what effects what to some degree, but, let's just forget I said anything about Banks. Where do I learn about the Cummins ISX, without getting blocked from content?
replyreply
(07-03-2022 )Boxoftj Wrote:  Right, I guess I forgot to ask about that, and how it pertains to our engines. I learned from it, or at least, what effects what to some degree, but, let's just forget I said anything about Banks. Where do I learn about the Cummins ISX, without getting blocked from content?

No one is blocked from any content. All someone has to do is participate a bit on the forum and they become an established member automatically after a few posts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you, all I needed to know.
replyreply
and anyone wishing to discuss engine stuffs in however much detail they want to dig into, they are welcome to join my mumble server...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...63#pid2163

replyreply
I got a good feeling after watching that crap that the guy likely does not even know what damn operating mode that engine is running in.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Boxoftj
I am wanting to be a sponge. I don't want to start tinkering with anything before I have a concrete foundation of knowledge. This machine is the key to providing for my family, and have zero interest in compromising that. I spend as much time at home as possible raising my boys, which means I like to keep as much money in my pocket as I can by slowing down, taking it easy, and doing as many of my own repairs as possible. BMW and the Army spent a lot of time and money training me, but diesel was never on the radar so I've had to start all over. My aftermarket warranty is now between my ears and in my hands. Glad to finally find a place where people aren't just telling me d*l*t* that sh*t
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , tree98
07-05-2022, (Subject: Banks tries to destroy a duramax helped me learn ) 
Those vidoes are not really his best work. More marketing than anything. He may know a bit. In 1971 Volvo came up with the Lamba sensor more measuring O2 levels in the exhaust stream. He was already working with Volvo engines amoung others for offshore powerboat racing and jumped on sensor idea. He detests black smoke, calling it wasted fuel. His company is providing the engines for the new JLTV military vehicle.They start with a Duramaxx long block and provide the externals and the programming that runs it. Banks has provided marine engines for various parts of the special warfare community for decades. These engines pass a NATO durability test. Not a big deal in terms of commercial truck use but still a 400 hour continuous run. 80% at full load/power. Some applications call for 800 hours. Again not a big deal in terms of commercial vehicles.
In the 80s he helped Cummins in their development of the 5.9 in the Chrysler Dodge pick ups. I have listened to several long interviews on podcasts with him over the years. His "Speed School" You Tube videos are more representative of his work. "CFM is dead MAF is what matters". . seems like a good choice although I have not listened to it all the way thru yet. Quite a bit on density, humidity, MAf, NoX etc. "The Boost Gauge is Dead to me" is another.
Holds some Bonneville speed records. Built and sold turbo kits for the NAV 6.9 and 7.3 as wll as the 5.7 GM diesel. Has done quite a bit for somebody who doesn't know anything and is 80 years old. {link removed.}
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.