new volvo engine d13tc
07-14-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
RE: new volvo engine d13tc
(07-13-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  They posted cruising rpm around 1000 at 70mph . Maybe somehow volvo did something different. I kind of believe it is very bad for the engine, but on the other hand a bunch of engineers put this together. I think we will know in 2-3 years how it holds up.

I don't care who designed it ... physics is physics ...
does not matter what they advertise... if it has short connecting rods in it (like most other newer designed engines), it will not live a million mile+ long life at 1000 rpm if it has a lot of bottom end torque. The photos I saw of it do not imply that the engine block is any taller than other engines in its class. so I doubt it has long connecting rods in it .. or piston guide sleeves.

-- I am thinking the whole industry is trying to make the engine only live half as long these days. The EPA wants all the engine makers to do this any ways.

Rawze Wrote:(from 2016)...
Combine that with the fact that Mr. Epa now states that trucks should last 8 years or 435,000 miles only, -- Pushing oil makers yet again to strip more away from oils, shortening their lifespans more, and pushing engine makers towards serialized components that take special software to replace to prevent tampering,... and anyone can clearly see it is way out of hand, and has nothing whatsoever to do with actually "saving the planet" at all.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...70#pid2370

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin

Messages In This Thread
RE: new volvo engine d13tc - Rawze - 07-14-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.