new volvo engine d13tc
07-19-2022, (Subject: new volvo engine d13tc ) 
RE: new volvo engine d13tc
(07-13-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  They posted cruising rpm around 1000 at 70mph . Maybe somehow volvo did something different. I kind of believe it is very bad for the engine, but on the other hand a bunch of engineers put this together. I think we will know in 2-3 years how it holds up.

Boy they are on the verge of false advertising. Even Volvo states (and this is direct quote off their website)

A 2.47 rear axle ratio with a direct drive transmission amounts to 1,370 rpm at 65 miles per hour. A 2.28 rear axle ratio equals 1,265 rpm at the same speed. You're not gonna drop 200 rpms with a .02 rear axle change

The D13 develops it's full torque at 900 rpm. Not sure I like it for longevity.....

I run a dedicated run from Portland to LA every week. Currently in a 2017 579 midroof with the m13 and untracrap 10 speed. We run empty down and in the Pete I get about 7.5-8 mpg (I run 5+ speed limit and idle in the heat). We just got brand new 2023 Volvos with the D13 TC and Ishift. Friend already got his and we been staying in contact. He has the SAME EXACT run I do cept 1 day later. He ran his southern run at 9-9.5 mpg (he too runs the same speed and idles). My Pete has 250 gallon tanks and I fill up Millersburg, OR then Exit 253 at Eztrip (CA) then WIlliams, Ca. Each time I take about 140ish gallons (my Petes fuel gauge is strange and makes me nervous lol), He fueled Millersburg, OR ran all the way to LA and and headed back to fuel at Williams, Ca with 1/3 tank left. He has 300 gallon tanks.

So far the 3 people who got the new Volvos are really happy with them. I get mine next week. I've LOVED the Pete but HATE the Ultracrap 10 speed.

Steven Manson
Certified D11/D13 Volvo Tech
Certified ISM/ISX
Certified Annual/DOT Inspector
Certified Bendix and Meritor
8 Years driving including old Stinky Dick Simon back in the 90's
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: new volvo engine d13tc - Locruid - 07-19-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.