ABS No power on blue wire
07-07-2022, (Subject: ABS No power on blue wire ) 
ABS No power on blue wire
2003 W900L 899525
No power on the center pin trailer plug (Blue wire).
Trailer 'Hot-line' dash mounted switch will make it hot.
Already checked the trailer ABS relay and 25amp fuse in the fuse panel behind the clutch pedal.

Local KW dealer sent me some wire diagrams but not much help, missing details.

Looked for another in-line fuse somewhere, could not find anything.

Somewhere, somehow, the ABS system powers up this blue wire, trying to figure out how ?

I wish I could locate the circiut (wire) that the 25amp fuse powers up, would really make trouble shooting easier.

Any direction appreciated

Thank You
J.
replyreply
07-08-2022, (Subject: ABS No power on blue wire ) 
RE: ABS No power on blue wire
(07-07-2022 )Aero 195 Wrote:  2003 W900L 899525
No power on the center pin trailer plug (Blue wire).
Trailer 'Hot-line' dash mounted switch will make it hot.
Already checked the trailer ABS relay and 25amp fuse in the fuse panel behind the clutch pedal.

Local KW dealer sent me some wire diagrams but not much help, missing details.

Looked for another in-line fuse somewhere, could not find anything.

Somewhere, somehow, the ABS system powers up this blue wire, trying to figure out how ?

I wish I could locate the circiut (wire) that the 25amp fuse powers up, would really make trouble shooting easier.

Any direction appreciated

Thank You
J.

I have had same problem on my truck. My luck was that wire damage was not buried between other wires on the frame under cab. Bulge on the perfectly good insulation. Inside under insulation was no copper at all, just white/green powder.
The easiest way to fix is put new 10 g wire from cab to rear receptacle.
replyreply
Quote:I have had same problem on my truck. My luck was that wire damage was not buried between other wires on the frame under cab. Bulge on the perfectly good insulation. Inside under insulation was no
I have had same problem on my truck. My luck was that wire damage was not buried between other wires on the frame under cab. Bulge on the perfectly good insulation. Inside under insulation was no copper at all, just white/green powder.
The easiest way to fix is put new 10 g wire from cab to rear receptacle.

Thank you but the blue wire is not compromised from the fuse panel to the plug.
The "Hot-Line" panel switch will make it hot.

Problem exists somewhere else in the circuitry.
J.
replyreply
My prostar has circuit breakers (in the fuse box) for the trailer power. Soemetimes they have to be reset if a trailer has a wiring issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.