Cm2350
07-17-2022, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
Cm2350
Hello all, I have a customer that wants to de-mandate his cm2350. I have some files that I got from other jobs that a reputable tuner did. I used one that was the same hp and made the same changes for egr, dpf, scr. I have to codes for particulate sensor and def quality sensor abnormal update rate. I must be missing something. There’s so many bad tunes out there so I’m trying to learn as much as I can to do it right but I must be missing something. Any help will be much appreciated!
replyreply
RE: Cm2350
First and foremost, if you are copying files from one truck to another, then that is a no-no. All injector trim data and other things get screwed up like that.

NEXT:... it seems to me like you have been kept in the dark about the fact that more than 90% of all de-mandate programs out there are absolutely bad!... so if your putting files into customers trucks.. you need to STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!! until you find out exactly what kind of stuff you are doing to your customers engines, because you are not doing them any favours or service by shoving stuff in their ecm that has a more than 90% chance of severely shortens engine life!.

STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ON THE QUALITY OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. THAT IS EXACTLY HOW THAT DISEASE OF BAD PROGRAMMING KEEPS SPREADING!!!!....

Around here.. there is no "assumptions".. there is no "good enough"... there is no "guessing" only "IS IT 100% RIGHT AND SAFE ... OR NOT!"... BECAUSE ANYTHING LESS is just buss$hit! that does not belong in someone's $40,000 commercial engine!.

Just trying to show you the irony in what you seems to be doing there according to your post ...

YOUR FIRST POST HEAVILY IMPLIES SOMETHING EQUIVALENT TO ...
Someone handing you a torque-wrench to assemble an engine with.. and the dial/settings are covered up, it is set by someone else from somewhere else unknown, and the guy handing it to ya says "trust me", I know what I am doing.. even though he has never really build an engine at all./.. ... and you are not even allowed to know what the at the wrench settings even mean, or test it to see if the settings are actually set right, and you then proceed to put engines together with it "hoping" and "assuming" that it is all ok. <- I don't know about anyone else.. but a mechanic who trusts a torque wrenched that other people set and rubbed all the markings off of, IS NOT SOMEONE THAT I WOULD USE TO HELP ME ASSEMBLE MY ENGINE!

EVERY SINGLE LINE IN THAT PROGRAMMING should be as direct and straight forward as a professional who uses a proper torque wrench and tooling to assemble critical engine components. It is not up for debate. It is a mechanical piece of equipment with very specific settings that match that engine's mechanical design vs. some with a blond fold on taking an air-gun onto everything and wondering why the bolts got stripped out.

--->>> START BY e-mailing me a file or 2 so that I can properly review them, so that you can find out exactly what you are putting into others ecm's.

I can even go over the files with someone (live via streaming service) if they want to show them exactly what is in there, good, bad, and downright ugly if necessary.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for the reply, but I need you to calm down and read my post…I literally said that I only changed egr, dpf, scr related parameters. I’m not blindly coping and pasting. What do you suggest I do
replyreply
(07-17-2022 )Mcwrench94 Wrote:  Thank you for the reply, but I need you to calm down and read my post…I literally said that I only changed egr, dpf, scr related parameters. I’m not blindly coping and pasting. What do you suggest I do

By e-mailing me a file or 2 so that I can properly review them, so that you can find out exactly what you are putting into others ecm's.

I can even go over the files with someone (live via streaming service) and explain how that ecm works,. etc.. in whatever detail they want to get into if they want, to show them exactly what is in there, good, bad, and downright ugly if necessary.

How can a television repair-man adjust the insides of the TV properly if they don't even know how the circuits inside television even works?. And how can they possibly start to make safe, proper modifications to how it operates, if they do not even have a proper layout/schematic diagram of the damn thing?. -=-== That is my point.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Good point, what is your email.
replyreply
(07-17-2022 )Mcwrench94 Wrote:  Good point, what is your email.

I PM'd you my number and email.

replyreply
07-18-2022, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
Dude follow up with him. Rawze is a beast and one of the only people out there that was willing to help me in any way
replyreply
07-18-2022, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
(07-18-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Dude follow up with him. Rawze is a beast and one of the only people out there that was willing to help me in any way

I spoke with him earlier. He seemed interested in wanting to learn.

He was trying to learn the programming the wrong way around like most people do ... by digging and reading parameter comments and trying to piece things together with a whole lot of assumptions and guessing. -Anyone who has spoken to me about the details of what goes on inside an engine computer learns real fast that this method of digging blindly like that, and comparing against others people's work, is certainly NOT any proper way to learn this stuffs.

He also had that same mis-conception that most people get caught up into. That completely false notion of "leaving everything as factory as possible", .. so that some kind of magical fairy dust would kick in and make it all run ok. - I think he found out real fast that this is one of the biggest mistakes that someone can make. These kinds of common assumptions are exactly what tears engines up and/or severely shortens their life.

I guess we will see if they want to continue down this journey of proper learning or not.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
07-19-2022, (Subject: Cm2350 ) 
Dude you know I had the same assumptions, I mean I’m learning but slowly, which is probably the best way. You are the only person I’ve found that will explain and point someone in the right direction and actually enjoys doing it and I appreciate it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.