Diesel Force cleaning as a PM item
07-21-2022, (Subject: Diesel Force cleaning as a PM item ) 
Diesel Force cleaning as a PM item
Has anyone used this process as a PM for the Cummins ISX?
replyreply
RE: Diesel Force cleaning as a PM item
(07-21-2022 )Specialk Wrote:  Has anyone used this process as a PM for the Cummins ISX?

for every trucker, there is a high-priced gimmick to take their moneys.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid32725

It is nothing but an expensive, highly risky/destructive process that has a very high chance of destroying your engine and/or its turbocharger.

INSTEAD... PERFORM A PROPER EGR TUNE-UP!...
TAKE THINGS APART AND CLEAN THEM PROPERLY!. IT IS FAR LESS DESTRUCTIVE IN THE END!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Specialk
The only time I've heard of a manufacturer recommending its use was Thermo-King with their S600 Reefer units every 2000 hours or so, seems like a good idea on the surface, but you risk carbon breaking off possibly chipping a valve. Better to pull the EGR system off and clean it off the truck if it has accumulated bad enough to actually restrict flow. EGR Tuneup your truck yearly and the carbon buildup should be next to none...
replyreply
It honestly ruins more things than it helps. Not worth killing your turbo when you could take the extra time to inspect and clean your egr pieces by hand. I STRONGLY recommend against it.
replyreply
(07-21-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  The only time I've heard of a manufacturer recommending its use was Thermo-King with their S600 Reefer units every 2000 hours or so, seems like a good idea on the surface, but you risk carbon breaking off possibly chipping a valve. Better to pull the EGR system off and clean it off the truck if it has accumulated bad enough to actually restrict flow. EGR Tuneup your truck yearly and the carbon buildup should be next to none...

I have actually had feedback from people who have used this system on their trucks.. some get away with it, when their engine was not really dirty to begin with .. .. but for most ppl who resort to this, it is due to severe packing, etc... and it was not pretty in the end. Several of the people who had it done ended up buying a new turbo in less than a year, or having other issues +++ having to take the systems all apart again anyways, just to to clean out the aftermath.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , Specialk
Thanks to all who’ve responded and the advice is exactly why I posted the topic. Have heard of people that swear by it, but I’ve been reluctant to try it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.