Starter for ISX CM2250
07-25-2022, (Subject: Starter for ISX CM2250 ) 
Starter for ISX CM2250
Hey guys. Been getting an intermittent issue when starting the truck. It'll turn over for about 0.5-1.0 seconds then nothing for 1-2 seconds then it'll resume and start up normally. After the delay the voltage drops briefly. It's hot or miss when this happens. Truck could sit for 30 seconds or a week and it's still a 50-50 chance that this occurs or that it starts normal. Pretty sure it's the starter motor. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone know which starter (or starters) I should search for as a replacement? Quick googling it looks like delco-remy 39mt? Idk, never replaced a starter before so it's time for me to learn something new.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
RE: Starter for ISX CM2250
Sounds to me like a weak starter. They usually last me about 600k~ish or so miles before getting weak, I do a lot of starting.

When the starter starts getting weak, it is the same symptoms, just like you have weak batteries.

Personally, I prefer the Mitsubishi 39mt. over the delco one.. but that is just me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: quickrigs
Thanks. Yeah, at first I thought it resembled when my batteries were old. Went arrive testing batteries and cables. This truck is at 694k miles right now.

As for brand, I have no preference. In fact I really don't know anything about starters. Any suggestions are welcome.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I'll second the Mitsubishi starters. Carry a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty but we've never had to use the warranty yet.
replyreply
I have the Mitsubishi 39mt. Been bullet proof foe the 6 years I've owned the truck
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.