04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power
08-01-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power
My cm 870 has started acting up today with high coolant temp that creeps up to 210 just at idle.When driving the fan is constantly trying to bring the temp down from 210 and the turbo psi is at 32 with pedal to the floor.Low power to climb hills.Only codes I pulled were engine brake circuit low or shorted and intake pressure sensor low or shorted which I have always had.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power
What's oil temp? Is pyro temp running hotter than normal? Is this engine demandated? What are the actual codes that came up ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
maybe the turbo getting stuck in the down position, choking the engine out?. .. maybe the turbo controller going bad?.

over-boosting turbo will cause power loss too, as the engine fights the excess exhaust pressures.

just a blind guess , nothing more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
08-02-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
(08-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe the turbo getting stuck in the down position, choking the engine out?. .. maybe the turbo controller going bad?.

over-boosting turbo will cause power loss too, as the engine fights the excess exhaust pressures.

just a blind guess , nothing more.

Turbo went back to running like normal yesterday but temps kept getting up there.Stopped by my brothers shop and cleaned the radiator,condenser,transmission cooler,and intercooler the best I could.Waiting for a load today to try it out and see if it helped any. How do I test the the issues with the turbo?
replyreply
08-25-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
Thermostat could be compromised and not opening fully to allow full coolant flow

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant , Redland1
09-30-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
(08-25-2022 )SemiSweet Wrote:  Thermostat could be compromised and not opening fully to allow full coolant flow

Thanks.I been wanting to change it our because I have been thinking the same thing.
replyreply
10-01-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
Why don't you fix your intake pressure sensor problem?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-01-2022, (Subject: 04’ CM 870 coolant temp high and loss of power ) 
(10-01-2022 )Signature620 Wrote:  Why don't you fix your intake pressure sensor problem?

I’ve tried but haven’t been successful.Took it to a mechanic and he couldn’t figure it out either.Looks like their are not too many mechanics out there that are good enough or even want to diagnose electrical issues.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.