CM2350 Crank no start
08-06-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Crank no start ) 
RE: CM2350 Crank no start
I know what your saying, definitely seen a lot of horror stories. but im hoping for the best, if it comes down to ecm i'm gonna take it off to get it tested before swapping it out again though for sure
replyreply
08-11-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Crank no start ) 
- update - They found a wire that was broken somewhere and fixed that, checked the rest of the harness, relays, fuses but couldn't find anything. Truck will now start up and run but it runs a bit rough and the mileage/hours don't show with it on, also jake brake doesn't work atm.

They took another ecm out of a different truck and everything seemed to be working right, showed mileage etc. They believe it's something with the j1939 multiplex parameters in the program installed. Took ecm to the person that programmed it this morning, it was pulling everything up and he didn't notice any issues with the program though.
replyreply
If that thing has a demandate file in it (a delete program).. then you need to get the program copied out of the ecm and e-mailed to me for a proper review to ensure it is safe for the engine and was made properly.. that is as important as the oil in the engines.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-11-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  If that thing has a demandate file in it (a delete program).. then you need to get the program copied out of the ecm and e-mailed to me for a proper review to ensure it is safe for the engine and was made properly.. that is as important as the oil in the engines.

Will do man and i'd appreciate you looking at it, soon as I get it working again i'll get that adapter and stuff and get you to take a look at it. From what I can tell because the old ECM was toast and couldn't pull anything from it, I think I might need to get it flashed to my trucks stock configuration and then have it programed. mandated ecm out of another truck had all the guages and stuff working, but my ecm just isn't working with the multiplex stuff (no jake, guages or mileage)
replyreply
08-15-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Crank no start ) 
- Update/conclusion -
It was indeed the multiplex parameters causing the dashes/switches not to work - was just showing ----- on the mileage. Took ecm to someone else to program and everything went good and I'm back on the road again. When I first hooked the newly programmed ecm up it threw a bunch of random faults, but some key cycles and leaving it powered on for a bit cleared most of them (not sure which one cleared them lol, left key switch on like 10 mins, and then I cycled key on/off 5 times). Couple small issues like the speedo not being correct and it's showing a code for VIN not matching in the ECU, gonna take it back to him and get that fixed soon. Now just to keep an eye out on the future random issues and to get the inline 6 kit off ebay so I can possibly solve these small issues on my own and to get this program checked out a bit. Thanks to all for the help and tips.
replyreply
08-17-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Crank no start ) 
wrong vin?
That file came out of another truck and in fact not the right 1 for yours and most likely can or will cause multiple problems.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-17-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Crank no start ) 
(08-17-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  wrong vin?
That file came out of another truck and in fact not the right 1 for yours and most likely can or will cause multiple problems.

you could be very right, already getting a couple vgt codes spn 641 fmi 9, and 11 both seem to be about j1939/communication or calibration out. was hoping to be headache free longer
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.