Hey I have a oil leak but can’t see where it is
08-08-2022, (Subject: Hey I have a oil leak but can’t see where it is ) 
Hey I have a oil leak but can’t see where it is
I have a isx 2350 and it’s leaking oil on the right side of the motor dripping down the front right corner by the oil pan only drips while running anybody else experience this type of thing? I can’t see where it’s coming from. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: Hey I have a oil leak but can’t see where it is
Most commonly on a 2250 or 2350 it’s the oil pan gasket, fuel pump gasket or air compressor gasket, occasionally it can be an inner timing cover. You really need to clean it good and get in a position where you can tell. Most of the time if you lay under the truck and get where you can see between the fuel pump and block you can tell
replyreply
(08-08-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Most commonly on a 2250 or 2350 it’s the oil pan gasket, fuel pump gasket or air compressor gasket, occasionally it can be an inner timing cover. You really need to clean it good and get in a position where you can tell. Most of the time if you lay under the truck and get where you can see between the fuel pump and block you can tell

shi#t you said right corner. You most likely looking at an oil pan gasket but you still need to clean and verify it’s not running down from where the inner timing cover meets the block. Sorry I read your post wrong. On that side it should be fairly easy to tell if you clean it up good
replyreply
Can also be the back side of the front gear train housing. Not uncommon, especially on the 2250/2350's. Dirt and dust build up between the back side of the gear housing and the engine block in the corners, causes expansion/distortion, .. leading to eventual oil leaks.

Also, if the crank case filter is not keeping up any more or is not changed often enough.. then oil will find places to seep out too.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.