Dpf is coolant soaked
08-08-2022, (Subject: Dpf is coolant soaked ) 
Dpf is coolant soaked
Ok im about to say I had enough of this isx15 2350. I got a soot level high and I just regenerated Saturday morning. I took the dpf filter off it was pink on the backside of the dpf filter. Where should I start checking for leaks? It’s a 2015 and I have never done a egr cooler on this truck. It’s like all off a sudden all these maintenance issues. Im about to remove the egr cooler first time wish me luck. How do u tell if it’s bad? How much they run? Thanks for the help and insite.
replyreply
RE: Dpf is coolant soaked
you should test it before removing it. pull the outlet side and pressurize it to 20 psi. You might be able to tell just by pulling the outlet pipe off and seeing if there is coolant residue in it.

They're not hard to replace. Just take your time and have a few beers. Pictures before hand would be a good idea so you can remember how things were routed and secured.
replyreply
Coolant on my dpf was white not pink. Can you post a picture of it ? And like Nilao said, don't start tearing things apart until you've properly tested these things.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
The dpf filter is at the shop but the outlet going towards the rear of the truck was pink when I took it off.
replyreply
08-09-2022, (Subject: Dpf is coolant soaked ) 
(08-08-2022 )adams70 Wrote:  The dpf filter is at the shop but the outlet going towards the rear of the truck was pink when I took it off.

Pink discoloration on the "back side" of the DPF could have simply been iron residue.. or a fuel additive residue.. or a hundred other things!.

PERFORM PROPER TESTS BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!.

Like others have already said... Pull the piping off the back side of the egr cooler off.. pressurize the coolant system to 20-PSI and let it sit over night.. see if coolant is seeping out of the egr cooler the next morning.

Send an oil sample to a lab as well and see if there is any coolant or other contaminants in the oil.

and yeah... coolant it typically "WHITE POWDER" (under the layers of soot buildup) that gets onto the DPF/DOC.. not "Pink".

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid10137

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.