Help me to choose right tire size
08-13-2022, (Subject: Help me to choose right tire size ) 
Help me to choose right tire size
Hi everyone hope you all doing great.
Yesterday i was ordering new truck with isx 15 and wanted to get your guys opinion.
565hp 1850Torque 358 rears. 11R 22.5

So my question is if i am going to be driving it 68/70mph is that a right tire size? Or should i get 24.5s?
replyreply
RE: Help me to choose right tire size
#1. Unless you are going off roads a lot and need 24/5's than you will be killing some fuel mileage by running them. Low-pro is the way to go otherwise.

#2.. WHY are you going to be running down the roads at 70 MPH!... that is not any way to make moneys towards saving fuel or controlling your #1 operating costs!. Learn how to make your loads at 63~ish mph and drive by your boost gauge!. STOP trying to keep up with traffic.. it wastes fuel and profits,, and beats the h@ell out of your truck!.

#3. 3.58 rears is a bit tall for 80k loads.. so if you can spec it with a set of 3.79's or maybe even 3.90's that would be far better, and make the engine last a whole lot longer... + make far better use of 500+ HP instead over-working the h@ell out of the engine every time it sniffs a steep hill.

STOP LISTENING TO THE GODD#MAN SALESMANS.. THEY WILL LEAD YOU DOWN A ROAD THAT YOU WILL REGRET LATER ON!. If it were up to them, they would be selling you some garbage 3.27 rears, making you lug the engine to an agonizing death in half its time, and all sorts of complete trash!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(08-13-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  #1. Unless you are going off roads a lot and need 24/5's than you will be killing some fuel mileage by running them. Low-pro is the way to go otherwise.

#2.. WHY are you going to be running down the roads at 70 MPH!... that is not any way to make moneys towards saving fuel or controlling your #1 operating costs!. Learn how to make your loads at 63~ish mph and drive by your boost gauge!. STOP trying to keep up with traffic.. it wastes fuel and profits,, and beats the h@ell out of your truck!.

#3. 3.58 rears is a bit tall for 80k loads.. so if you can spec it with a set of 3.79's or maybe even 3.90's that would be far better, and make the engine last a whole lot longer... + make far better use of 500+ HP instead over-working the h@ell out of the engine every time it sniffs a steep hill.

STOP LISTENING TO THE GODD#MAN SALESMANS.. THEY WILL LEAD YOU DOWN A ROAD THAT YOU WILL REGRET LATER ON!. If it were up to them, they would be selling you some garbage 3.27 rears, making you lug the engine to an agonizing death in half its time, and all sorts of complete trash!.

Thanks for replying, most of the time i drive 68, i only go 70 when iam pulling 15/20k pounds. I have to make myself to learn drive slower i got your point by saving fuel plus the engine harm less.
So the setup is fine right for 3.58? Most of the time sale Mans they dont care as long as they make money. I chose it myself 3.58
replyreply
(08-13-2022 )Bakanka Wrote:  ...
Thanks for replying, most of the time i drive 68, i only go 70 when iam pulling 15/20k pounds. I have to make myself to learn drive slower i got your point by saving fuel plus the engine harm less.
So the setup is fine right for 3.58? Most of the time sale Mans they dont care as long as they make money. I chose it myself 3.58

3.79's would be better.. or 3.90's if you need it to pull strong and not fall on its face in the steep hills.

The center point of longevity vs. work done for that engine is at 1650 RPM.
here is a chart...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid17353

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bakanka
Ok makes sense with 370s if ill be driving 68/70 my rpms will be 16/17 right?
replyreply
(08-13-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  

3.79's would be better.. or 3.90's if you need it to pull strong and not fall on its face in the steep hills.

The center point of longevity vs. work done for that engine is at 1650 RPM.
here is a chart...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid17353

I took my time and read everything now i know exactly what to get. ill go with 370.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
I took my time and read everything now i know exactly what to get. ill go with 370.

the more you research up front so that the equipment matches your needs and the freight you will be hauling, the less you will regret later.

replyreply
(08-13-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  

the more you research up front so that the equipment matches your needs and the freight you will be hauling, the less you will regret later.

I really do appreciate your effort that you put in this form Rawze, i met you once when i was a driver you helped me, at your back yard.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
08-14-2022, (Subject: Help me to choose right tire size ) 
(08-13-2022 )Bakanka Wrote:  Hi everyone hope you all doing great.
Yesterday i was ordering new truck with isx 15 and
565hp 1850Torque

Definitely get the performance series, which I believe you are if it's 565/1850. The performance series comes with the dual line high pressure fuel pump, it's a superior pump to the single line ones that you have to keep a close eye on.

A person could always have an engine tuned for better fuel efficiency if that's what you want rather than buying the efficiency series engine. Just a thought.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bakanka

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.