high rpm
08-18-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
high rpm
My truck just started giving me problems with the rpms going up in the middle of driving, and the Orange triangle appears. I can let off the accelerator and it still sound like its running high. I press the accelerator a couple of times you can hear it revving but then it returns to normal and the triangle goes out. It did the same thing at a stop light for about 5 seconds and then return to normal after a few presses of the throttle. Just replaces the TPS. Is it something with the aftertreatment, sensors or the injectors before i start buying parts or have to go to the stealership?
replyreply
RE: high rpm
Do you have insite or any other diag software? If you do I’ll help you figure it out. It would help a lot if you gave us the year, make, and model of the truck, and the engine model. There are too many differences between engines and trucks and without a lil more info all of us are blind.
replyreply
But the triangle is a warning just to let you know that there is an issue that needs to be addressed. To figure it out you will need diagnostics software if some kind or find someone that will hook to your truck for you.
replyreply
You need to find out what the fault code(s) are in the engine, causing the "triangle" to come on and go from there.

A cheap Laptop + a cheap adapter off flea-bay (about $300 bucks or so) or obd2.com, etc.. is what someone needs to see what is going on.

You keep running off the stealers$it every time that triangle light comes on then it is going to bankrupt you.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
08-19-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
Thanks for the responses. Even though the light went out there would still be a code logged in? I personally don't have access to fault codes on my truck. Doesn't show codes...
obd2.com is this the site where you can purchase something to read the codes? Autozone and advance don't carry heavy duty scanners in store to read codes for you. Thanks
replyreply
Yes my truck is a prostar international, 2008 cummins isx cm871. It had this symptom twice this month only when unloaded. I will have to get someone to get the codes. In 10 th i can go to neutral and rev, truck slows but still sounds as if running at high speed. Wasnt sure if truck having problems with aftertreatment not functioning properly.
replyreply
A lot of the older prostars can read the codes by pressing the cruise on and resume buttons at the same time till the dash does a gauge sweep. Then the digital readout will display the spn/fmi codes starting with active then inactive codes.
replyreply
a laptop and an inline-6 adapter kit will work just fine for talking to the engine and reading codes.

and yes.. the ecm records all the codes, and keeps a record of them.. how many times they have come up, etc.. even after the lights go out again. Makes it easy to find out what it is complaining about.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-24-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
I found out it was the exhaust gas pressure sensor. I replaced the sensor but now the triangle is lit up and won't go out. Do I have to do a Regen on it in order for the light to go out? I tried the cruise and resume for codes but it's saying unable to read...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.