high rpm
08-24-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
RE: high rpm
(08-24-2022 )skipper Wrote:  I found out it was the exhaust gas pressure sensor. I replaced the sensor but now the triangle is lit up and won't go out. Do I have to do a Regen on it in order for the light to go out? I tried the cruise and resume for codes but it's saying unable to read...

the "triangle" could literally be anything, especially if the engine light is not on any more, including ABS problems to a bad wheel sensor due to an out of adjustment wheel bearing.

Is the check engine light (engine symbol) on as well?.

Proper software is the way to find issues with modern trucks.

For the engine it would be Insite software, and for the rest of the truck, Jpro software works well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-25-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
It was never the CEL my mistake.It was always the triangle. When they put it on the computer only active code was exhaust gas pressure sensor but the triangle was not on when I took the old one out. After the change I turned to ON but not start and the triangle stayed lit through the Abs check started truck let get to op temp and was still on then drove it truck ran fine no high rpm after stopping.I thought it would do a Regen while driving so not sure. It costs $200 just to hook up to incite around here.just trying to figure out if regen is needed when sensor is changed.i see on YouTube people get one done
replyreply
Insite will keep a list of codes. In this list it will have every active and not active code listed with the number of times each fault occurred and timestamps for the first and last occurrence of each code. It would be nice to have the complete list of faults. There could have been or could be clues in the non active faults.
replyreply
(08-25-2022 )skipper Wrote:  It costs $200 just to hook up to incite around here.

For about $350-$400 you could get your own adapter and insite to use whenever you please. I would look into that if I were you.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Where can I find one and what all do I need?
replyreply
08-26-2022, (Subject: high rpm ) 
eBay, Amazon, snapon, just Google nexiq, inline 5 or 6. Hell even noregon dla+ (Not recommended I have 1 and they suck ass) . In your position anything is better than nothing though. I prefer nexiq because I work on all makes and it’s the most stable for that. but you will pay upwards of 725 for a legit usb link 2 you can find Chinese clones…. I’ve never used one so I can’t say if they are worth two fuc**. Like I said though in your position anything is better than nothing. Buy a half ass laptop preferably windows 10…. Used, new, refurbished. You can get one of those for 150-300. And insite is no big deal. If you kiss the right ass someone will give you a copy and install it for you if you don’t know how. Then for a grand total of 500-1000$ you no longer have to pay anyone to give you some bullshit about what codes your engine has and more bullshit as to how to fix it.
replyreply
(08-25-2022 )skipper Wrote:  Where can I find one and what all do I need?

For a few hundred bucks, about $300 or less, Just look for an 'inline-6' kit. There are many places that sell them. That is all that I ever use, and have not needed anything else.

obd2.com, e-bay, alibaba, amazon, etc.etc.etc.

./uploads/202208/post_2_1661495018_d647a67d4ff8569c02f96e6390c70dbd.jpg

and a used/cheap laptop with windows 7, or windows 8, or windows 10 on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234640043504?mk...media=COPY

Not sure what truck you have but you might need this too. Just buy it, you'll need it someday regardless.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283986281854?mk...media=COPY

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Thanks appreciate it. So is it needed to get a Regen when replacing sensor on exhaust system?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.