Top Dollar Delete Nightmere.
08-20-2022, (Subject: Top Dollar Delete Nightmere. ) 
Top Dollar Delete Nightmere.
This is what you get when you pay top dollar at a delete company in Indiana...

This is the SCR unit... looking from the back side after cutting it open. The other end is 100% buried in soot and blocked up as well.

It clearluy broke apart at some point and blocked the exhaust,

The DPF was also blocked and just as bad. A chunk of the DOC had collapsed, blocking almost all of the exhaust flow thru the DPF as well.

This truck was suffering from turbo over-spooling, low fuel mileage, boost problems, high EGT's, mysterious power loss that would come and go, and all sorts of other vibrations and issues.

Everyone SWORE on their name that all the cans were made 100% hollow... but i wanted to see it for myself... so I made them take it apart any ways.

Also, the program was the typical hack-n-slash garbage.. and the engine now has a blown head gasket.

===========

I am helping him rebuild his engine at the house here. The engine was a certified long block with about 400k miles on it. --= What a damned shame indeed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-20-2022, (Subject: Top Dollar Delete Nightmere. ) 
RE: Top Dollar Delete Nightmere.
(08-20-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  This is what you get when you pay top dollar at a delete company in Indiana...
===========

I am helping him rebuild his engine at the house here. The engine was a certified long block with about 400k miles on it. --= What a damned shame indeed.

That’s crazy. We have a shop nearby in Augusta Georgia that is doing the same thing but worse. He’s charging 3k a pop to delete and not even going as far as drilling a damn hole in the dpf. I’ve been behind these people on At least 15 dd engines and 10 Cummins.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-21-2022, (Subject: Top Dollar Delete Nightmere. ) 
Rawze, is that k. E. N. S Shop?

I’ve looked at a truck from an Augusta ga shop. It was a silver kw. It was making 2 psi of boost just sittin idling. Vibrates like someone’s toy when you drive it. Horrible. Walked away from that truck.
replyreply
08-21-2022, (Subject: Top Dollar Delete Nightmere. ) 
(08-21-2022 )Aleeex Wrote:  Rawze, is that k. E. N. S Shop?

I’ve looked at a truck from an Augusta ga shop. It was a silver kw. It was making 2 psi of boost just sittin idling. Vibrates like someone’s toy when you drive it. Horrible. Walked away from that truck.

I don't think it was.. but that shop you mention ... I would not send anyone there, as they have been known these days to do bad programming. They used to be good place to go years ago.. but then (as rumor has it) turned into a complete s$it-hole after the son took it over.. or some-such nonsense.
Here is one fine example of that place from a while back, and why I stopped recommending them ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid14213

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.