9900ix Sleeper Rear Lights
09-29-2022, (Subject: 9900ix Sleeper Rear Lights ) 
9900ix Sleeper Rear Lights
I'd like to add a few lights to the back of the sleeper on a 9900ix. It has the 2 factory installed lights now. I'd like to add one out further on each side and one straight up from that one more to the top of the sleeper. Installing them should be no problem, and I'll pull power and ground from the 2 original lights. The problem I'm seeing is, How do I get the wiring through the structural supports that are in the back of the sleeper? The 2 extra lights that would be straight out from the original lights will be easy, it's just a straight shot out with the wires. But the ones up higher would be on the other side of 2 supports. I'm assuming the structural supports and some kind of square tubing or "I" channel that do not have holes in them. Anyone ever done this? I don't want to have to take the inside of the sleeper apart in order to drill holes in the supports. If I have to do that I'll ditch the idea all together. But I don't see any other way to do it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
replyreply
RE: 9900ix Sleeper Rear Lights
any extra wiring from the inside of the cab to the outside should only ever come thru the firewall then wrap down under towards where it has to go.

Also, any wiring added needs t be properly fused .. and also needs to be covered in a layer of split-loom for it to be D.O.T. Legal.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: 9900ix Sleeper Rear Lights
(09-29-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  any extra wiring from the inside of the cab to the outside should only ever come thru the firewall then wrap down under towards where it has to go.

Also, any wiring added needs t be properly fused .. and also needs to be covered in a layer of split-loom for it to be D.O.T. Legal.

There are already 2 factory lights installed. I wouldn't have to add wiring, other than the wiring going from the original lights to any additional lights I would add. The 2 factory lights are already on a switched/fuse circuit of there own. Those 2 lights are incandescent bulbs that I would think pull about 2 amps per bulb. If I install 6 LED's I don't think they will pull what 1 of the incandescent bulbs does now. I'm not concerned about the wiring circuit, just am not going to tear the sleeper apart to install.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.