What shares power with the turbo pressure sensor
08-24-2022, (Subject: What shares power with the turbo pressure sensor ) 
What shares power with the turbo pressure sensor
I am trying to track down a bad sensor or short in my turbo temp sensor line. Does anybody know which other sensors share that power line? I don’t have a schematic for this truck, 2017 Kenworth w900 with Cummins isx15 in it

Thanks

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
RE: What shares power with the turbo pressure sensor
Turbo temp sensor? Do you mean the pyrometer or air intake temp? If you have your esn, specify which one, and shoot me your email I’ll pull you a schematic on it.
replyreply
If the turbo inlet temp sensor is reading high then it can be many things causing it including over-boosting, exhaust restrictions, and more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It sounds to me like he may have an imap sensor issue. I’m getting a little confused the title says turbo pressure and the post says temp. Let’s start here…. Are there any codes? And do you have any way to read codes? We need a little more to go off of to to help you out here bud
replyreply
Yup, bad post, after reading it im even confused...

Now im back to a computer instead of my phone, I can type.

It is the Turbocharger 1 compressor intake temperature circuit. the ecm is reporting voltage above normal or shorted to high source. I am getting a constant 4.8 volts at the sensor, and when I unplug it, the ecm is still reporting a short so I am thinking it is not the sensor.

I was originally going to start searching for other sensors that share the power line on that circuit and eliminate them 1 by 1 but it would be nice to know if there were only 3 or 4 on that line and which ones they were before I started unplugging all of them 1 by 1

Thganks.

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
Okay I emailed you. I need your esn and I’ll pull your schematic for you and the fault tracing but chances are it’s just a sensor though…… in my experiences.
replyreply
08-25-2022, (Subject: What shares power with the turbo pressure sensor ) 
Your ECM will send a 5v signal to that sensor and base its reading off the voltage going through the sensor, its return wire will be shared with oil and coolant temp (871 I think has three others as well). If its reading high voltage then the signal is shorted somewhere between ECM and sensor or your sensor is shorting.

Unplug the sensor, if the code changes a sensor is more likely, if not then you into wiring harness.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.