Pressure Washing the DPF Filter
08-29-2022, (Subject: Pressure Washing the DPF Filter ) 
Pressure Washing the DPF Filter
Has anyone clean their DPF filter by pressure washing it. If so, what were your results.
replyreply
RE: Pressure Washing the DPF Filter
Highly discouraged. When doing so you usually wash away the metals inside the honeycomb and the DPF overall becomes less effective and more likely to clog in the short term.
replyreply
Only do it as a band aid and you are planning to demandate very soon. Also, if filter is becoming full too soon the issue may be the engine, the filter doesnt cause problems, but will make it obvious you have an engine problem.
replyreply
It’s a guaranteed fix if you pressure wash your dpf…… I guarantee you will have to fix it after you pressure wash it. Not being an ass just letting you know it only gets you by for a very short time. Not to mention you will just push the soot to the center of the filter and clog it which could potentially damage your engine, etc…. You really need to look at a diagram of how a dpf filter is designed to completely understand this
replyreply
(08-29-2022 )ErnieC Wrote:  Has anyone clean their DPF filter by pressure washing it. If so, what were your results.

bad idea all together...
it has been talked about plenty of times on here before, and the sad part is that there are plenty of youtubes videos that would say otherwise,.. like a bunch of bad information, spreading like a virus.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid10137

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Savannah river sight brought me an mru Mack garbage truck with a glowing red dpf filter. Supposedly the filter had cleaned and passed but after asking the right questions to the right people I found out that they soaked the dpf in peanut oil…..yes peanut oil, and pressure washed it….. because they seen it online. Needless to say the shi#t didn’t work. If it were that easy air knives and ovens wouldn’t exist to clean them. Pressure washing your dpf would have a service interval.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.