Exhaust back pressure?
09-02-2022, (Subject: Exhaust back pressure? ) 
Exhaust back pressure?
Hey everyone. I hope my question isn’t to ridiculous, but The company I work for has 4 sister trucks that are 2010 kenworth t660’s. They have a Cummins cm871 in them. They all have been de-mandated and now we are running into the issue of the egr cooler rupturing internally at the coolant passages. But because the company didn’t want to spend the full amount to have everything completely removed and blocked off. Now I need to remove it and make everything work. I have all the coolant tubes and everything except one piece… the exhaust manifold has the curve going to the egr cooler and that piece has the cast port for the line that goes to the exhaust back pressure sensor(the v shaped stainless steel line). Now my question is since I’ve bought the new exhaust manifold piece that no longer has the curve to the egr cooler and goes straight to the block, do I actually need to reuse the line? The factory Cummins replacement doesn’t have the exhaust pressure port molded into it unless I order the one from eBay. I’d like to just snip one end of the pressure line off and weld the end tight so I can use it as a plug basically that goes into the bottom of the exhaust back pressure port. Or will it not work how I think it should?? Any help is greatly appreciated!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Exhaust back pressure? - Dweevis - 09-02-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.