Turbo has died
09-22-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
RE: Turbo has died
(09-21-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  The CAC has a 4 leaks places. It was a International CAC. Replaced

On prostars, stess causes it when it is installed.. or stress from the hood being slammed open will cause then to get leaky too.

It cannot be put under any kind of stress when installing it. If a hole does not align.. then fix the problem or install washers, etc.

if the hood shock is shot, replace it to prevent hood from slamming open.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
09-24-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
Waiting on mine to come Tuesday from Yuyito. Excess side play in the shaft. Over 700,000 on it.
replyreply
09-24-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
(09-24-2022 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Waiting on mine to come Tuesday from Yuyito. Excess side play in the shaft. Over 700,000 on it.

The allowable shaft side-play is supposed to be about 0.045"... in/out is less than 0.020".

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Mrkentee
09-30-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
(09-24-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-24-2022 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Waiting on mine to come Tuesday from Yuyito. Excess side play in the shaft. Over 700,000 on it.

The allowable shaft side-play is supposed to be about 0.045"... in/out is less than 0.020".

It was enough to scrape the side of the housing with light pressure on it. Best to change it now before it gets worse or fails on the road somewhere.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-01-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
Update, after changing out the turbo and CAC, My fuel economy is back up to the mids 8s. i think this will go up higher, because of the runs this was based off. ( lots of city driving and climbing Blood mount 2 twice.) The bad CAC was replace at Rawze's 6 years ago. I think it was time to retire it, but i still have it. Im going to see if if can be fix.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.