CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
01-26-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
RE: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
(01-26-2024 )ahub86 Wrote:  ...Anybody know the purpose of the holes?

To prevent moisture buildup.

as far as how much air is coming of them, I cannot answer that.. but I would think that it should not be much at all.

The rule of thumbs with boost/egr/exhaust leaks = Pressure the circuit to 30 psi and see if it leaks more than 10-psi down in one minute. If it does, then something is most likely wrong with it.

I have seen them leak excessively and people have had to change out the egr valve because of it too... but i do not know what the acceptable leak rate actually is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ahub86
01-26-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
Thank you rawze. Cleaning it did seem to slow it down. The bubbles yesterday were big really quickly and today they ended up smaller and slower to build. I know that’s not a scientific approach to it but that’s what I observed. It also was slower when the egr valve opened up. Same thing, it just looked slower to me. I appreciate knowing the 10psi in a minute rule, that will give me some more knowledge going forward with things. Glad to have this site to work with… this thread was the only thing that was useful to me on my google search. I don’t like to replace any parts before I can prove they are bad. So I am going with this one is ok. I took a video of it with the soapy bubbles on it, so now I have a baseline to refer back to while I keep an eye on things. Thanks again.
replyreply
01-28-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
Egr relives the pressure of the circuit but adding the gas back to intake. When you say bubbles are you adding soap to see bubbles ?

I have a few of those engines and don't remember seeing the pin holes in the lines I will look again tomorrow.
replyreply
01-28-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
(01-28-2024 )PolishHammer Wrote:  Egr relives the pressure of the circuit but adding the gas back to intake. When you say bubbles are you adding soap to see bubbles ?

I have a few of those engines and don't remember seeing the pin holes in the lines I will look again tomorrow.

Yes I sprayed with soapy water once I heard it whistle to see where it came from. Between the QuickServe info saying it’s ok to have some soot there, and rawze advice about the holes being for keeping moisture out, I think that this is normal and I just hadn’t heard it before. I will be keeping an eye on it though.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.