Auto shift transmission
09-11-2022, (Subject: Auto shift transmission ) 
RE: Auto shift transmission
I'm another one that has to drive one of these things every day. I have driven most of the eaton autoshi$ers, the i-shift, and the detroit. The I-shift is the smartest and will shift the truck "OK" when loaded. All the others will not.... in my opinion they are horrible. I shift my detroit 12 speed manually all the time. The good thing about the detroit is that the paddle shifter works properly.... meaning you can quickly pull the paddle up twice or down twice and it will shift two speeds for you. You can do it quick or slow and it works great. The Eaton's.... they take some practice and personally I think they shift horribly. It's a huge dissapointment to drive one of these instead of a manual.

Most of these trucks also have tall rear gears making them downright painful to drive in my area. The truck I drive everyday has 3.08 rears.... loaded I'm at 103,000... and it's ALL northern new england mountains and hills. Terrible!!!!

I'd say about 80 percent of the other drivers have no idea about the torture we are putting these trucks through... or they just don't care I guess. They just say "we need bigger engines" and "this truck is gutless" ....I'm hoping to some day drive my own, spec'd the way I think it should be... according to the great stuff i have learned here from all of you folks!

Anyway just thought I'd share my experience with these things.... and my how much of a bummer it is to drive one. I could probably go one for another hour about these things and their ridiculousness but I'll stop!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto shift transmission - Snowfarmer - 09-11-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.