ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
09-08-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
(09-08-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  It sounds to me like he let a stealership that was clueless feed him a long line of bullshit. As stated over and over on this forum dealership training only teaches you enough to get by, (I’ve worked for them and that’s exactly what they do) on rare occasions you find one mechanic that won’t settle with just what they are taught. Not to mention the guy was probably talking to a salesman….. who’s job is to sell, get where I’m going? Send me a pm with some contact info and I’ll do my best to help you out there is more to your questions than you are asking.

I'm not so much concerned about what happened in the past. The way I understand this gentleman, this happened when the engine was still under warranty. So it's been quite some time ago. He said it had plenty of power for him even after they did what they did. I'm just trying to figure out, if it's short on power for what I do, what will I have to do to increase. I don't want to have to start changing hard parts. I'm not looking for anything crazy, 600 would be great. I'm coming from a pre-emissions 12.7 Detroit that I did a full rebuild on with internal parts to get 625 to the wheels and 2200 torque. Anyone who says the 12.7 was just a fleet engine with no low end grunt, this thing would make them eat there words. I was very impressed with the performance, there was no quit in it. Unfortunately, that truck was involved in an accident ad is no longer on the road. Which is why I'm looking for a truck.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting - TBraun - 09-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.