Lack of power up hill loaded or empty
12-21-2022, (Subject: Lack of power up hill loaded or empty ) 
Lack of power up hill loaded or empty
I have a 2006 ISX 450 ST CM870 non deleted, randomly blows light blue smoke also a rough idle recently has always had the lack of power up hill loaded or empty.
A lot of parts have been replaced anyone with insight or any ideals would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
replyreply
RE: Lack of power up hill loaded or empty
Truck make, model, year, miles, and maybe some more history.

What is the rear end ratio for the truck?.

What is the boost getting to in a hard pull?.

Is it consuming and coolant or oil?.

How old is the turbo actuator / turbo?.

Anyone bother to do a CAC leak-down test, etc?.

How old is the exhaust system?. Mufflers do clog up and cause power issues when they have upwards of close to a million+ miles on them.

Anyone bother to change out the exhaust pressure sensor and ensure that its circuit that goes thru the thermostat housing is not clogged up?. they tend to clog up as the engine gets older.

Anyone bother to change out the Delta-p sensor, and clean out its feed-lines, hidden behind the fuel filter area?. -= Most people miss that one.

What about the intake pressure and temp sensors?. Ho0w old are they?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Peterbilt
2006 peterbilt 1.5 on body 400,000 on rebuild 355 rears I think, 30-32 o on boost in a hard pull,no coolant consumption about 1gallon of oil consumption between oil changes . Every 12,000 miles cac has been checked . New turbo,new actuator . Intake sensor changed along with temp ,fuel pump in the last 30 days. Don’t remember if the delta -p sensor has been changed.13 speed trans.I have not found someone with insight to do injector test.also new egr valve and sensor . New to the Cummins engine . Been a Detroit man . Thanks for your info
replyreply
Buy you a cheap laptop and order a nexiq ($750) or an inline 6 ($350) and search around a little bit and someone will remotely install insite on the laptop most likely for free..... That will fix your insite issue and give us a little more to go on when you need help, not to mention you wont have to pay diag fees to a shop that could care less about anything but your money. (Dont judge me by that, im a shop owner but i love helping you guys, i gotta live off my name) Also someone experienced can remote in and help you diag the hard to find problems. But if the things rawze mentioned have have properly been checked/repaired you will most likely have to hook it to insite to figure it out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Peterbilt
Gotcha , thanks for y’all’s help I will take your advice and look around for a lap top .
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.