871 White Smoke
09-13-2022, (Subject: 871 White Smoke ) 
871 White Smoke
I run 70 miles round trip with hopper trailer. Every other load truck blows white smoke for about half the trip. Doesn't seam to matter if loaded or empty. It smokes and smells like fuel. The smoke comes in bursts like fuel is being shot into exhaust. What would make it want to regen so frequently. I did EGR tuneup and doser was changed. Fuel economy runs about 5.5 MPG.
replyreply
09-14-2022, (Subject: 871 White Smoke ) 
RE: 871 White Smoke
You sure it’s from the 7th injector? Could be an injector failing
replyreply
Sounds like time for an injector leak test

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
In frame overhaul 600 miles ago and new injectors
replyreply
Have you done any diagnostic testing?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
09-19-2022, (Subject: 871 White Smoke ) 
(09-14-2022 )hhow55 Wrote:  Sounds like time for an injector leak test

start with an injector leak test.

also, 90% of all people who see white smoke will always swear like h@ell that it smells like unburnt fuel when in fact that 99% of the time, it is oil from blo-by or exhaust valve guide seals leaking instead.

If it is a fresh inframe then it can take up to 80k miles for the white smoke to subside on a fresh build as the engine is getting to temp. It is the fact that the rings are not fully seated / worn in yet.

just some thoughts. Rawze

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.