871 Fuel Codes and Derating
09-05-2016, (Subject: 871 Fuel Codes and Derating ) 
871 Fuel Codes and Derating
I've been running this truck for about a month now. Been noticing random check engine lights, and loss of power most evident in on the boost gauge, when it's running good the boost hits around 40psi, when its acting up it will hit around 30 and there are times where its really bad and will hold the boost around 25. When it's peaking at lower boost the time it takes to spool up is much slower than usual. There's no rhyme or reason as to when this occurs. I've already pulled the intake and EGR piping and cleaned it out (it wasn't too horrible). The turbo and actuator are both new with under 15,000km on them. the last 2 weeks the truck has begun to regen more than it was prior, (every 5 hours or so, sometimes less, sometimes more) On friday I went to the company shop and pulled the codes and heres what I found:

2372 -Fuel Filter differential pressure - Data Valid but above normal operating range, Moderately severe level.
2215 - Fuel Pump delivery pressure, data valid but below normal operating range, moderately severe level.
0547 - Fuel Delivery Pressure Sensor Circuit, Voltage below normal or shorted to low source
1928 - Aftertreatment fuel pressure sensor circuit, Voltage below normal or shorted to low source

and of course the cry baby alarm : DPF face plug, Root cause unknown.

I don't remember the counts but I do remember 2215 being the highest by far with like 23 counts, 2372 was below 10. Face plug was 1 count.

I don't use any oil and coolant i've been monitoring and it has been creeping down ever so slowly, it was full August 1 and it hasn't gone anywhere close to add yet. I have noticed a small wet spot under the Rad support so its obvious its going bad.

It seems something is off with my Fuel delivery, I asked our tech his thoughts and he wasn't sure the exact cause and that he would need to look closer at it. Fuel tanks arent showing any signs of ashphaltenes or algae and the fuel filters are new ( these codes were present before the fuel filter change).

I want to get this thing running right, and get the best mileage I can, 30 day average is 5.06 UK/MPG pulling 140,000lbs, folks on our fleet are telling me thats not bad, I think its awful.

I keep seeing talk of of something to do with a dairy beverage and money, maybe someone can fill me in on the particulars in PM?
replyreply
RE: 871 Fuel Codes and Derating
You have a davco?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Nope just the fuel pre-filter on the frame rail and the main filter on the engine.
replyreply
09-06-2016, (Subject: 871 Fuel Codes and Derating ) 
Sounds like a fuel problem. It could be a clogged screen,.. collapsing lines,.. or cracked fittings and/or lines letting air in. It could also be the gear pump.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had something similar happen. codes to all high hell, all related to fuel. Mine was the davco not sealed proper when the mechanic let his appreciate do my service.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Have someone check your fuel system for air, correct pressure & inlet restriction.
replyreply
10-31-2017, (Subject: 871 Fuel Codes and Derating ) 
What happened? Did you ever find out the Problem? I have the Same one, It after or during a hard pull
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.