I can't seem to change gear.
09-16-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
I can't seem to change gear.
I have a 2016 kw t680, 10 speed, manual, eaton fuller transmission. Yesterday when I wanted to place my transmission in gear, I started to hear grinding. This went on only when I started to drive, once rolling everything seemed normal. A little bit ago, out if nowhere, I can't make my truck go past 5 to 10 miles an hour. I can't seem to able to change gears, it just seems that its the same two or three gears. Any explanation?
replyreply
RE: I can't seem to change gear.
Clutch mushy or seem weird?
replyreply
(09-16-2022 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Clutch mushy or seem weird?

Clutch seems good. I once hit a cone on the road and it tore the air line that goes into the air assist hydraulic clutch. That made the clutch super hard. The clutch right now seems normal.
replyreply
Ok an update. Now it seems that I have no power regardless of the gear I am. It wont move unless I keep the accelerator pressed, only then will it slightly begin to move, with not even enough power to unhook my trailer. Any thoughts?
replyreply
Could be a million different things. Is the check engine light on? Do you have insite?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(09-16-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Could be a million different things. Is the check engine light on? Do you have insite?

The check engine light is on. Unfortunately I don't have access to Insite. I just called a road service. Thankfully I was able to do my delivery last night and was even able to crawl out their facility to a side street. I am in Kissimmee, Florida; far from home. I pray I get a good honest mechanic for my road service call. I will keep you guys posted.
replyreply
If your truck won’t pull when you let off the clutch but it will barely pull when you mash your accelerator then your clutch is slipping. You might….. might be able to have it adjusted and be able to get home but there is a very low possibility.
replyreply
(09-16-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  If your truck won’t pull when you let off the clutch but it will barely pull when you mash your accelerator then your clutch is slipping. You might….. might be able to have it adjusted and be able to get home but there is a very low possibility.

Unfortunately I have a self adjusting clutch. I managed to take a picture. The road service guy has not shown up yet. I talked to tech support at roadranger/eaton and the guy told me pretty much the same thing; that it has not self adjusted. Here is the pic I took of the clutch. The clutch pedal was pressed all the way down with some bolt cutters when I took the picture.

https://imgur.com/gallery/emH8kz2
replyreply
My self adjusting clutch died long before it was bad, the adjuster broke...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.