I can't seem to change gear.
09-16-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
RE: I can't seem to change gear.
Here is a picture of me not pressing on the clutch.

https://imgur.com/a/LUC601z
replyreply
09-16-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
Your clutch is shot, you average 400,000 on a factory self adjusting clutch and that’s with a good driver.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Southmost
09-17-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
(09-16-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Your clutch is shot, you average 400,000 on a factory self adjusting clutch and that’s with a good driver.

Hopefully sir. At this point a shot clutch seems better than a shot transmission. I will tow it to the shop on Monday morning. Will keep you posted.
replyreply
09-20-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
It ended up being that my self adjusting clutch needed to reset. $1,000 later and I learned something new. It was a really simple fix once this awesome diesel mechanic diagnosed it. I was so happy/blessed I was able to find that diesel shop. Shop only charged me $375, the rest was for the wrecker. 3 hours of troubleshooting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , B O Double V
09-20-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
Keep us posted as to how long it last. I’ve had to reset them to get them to the shop but never ran afterwards, usually the springs have worn through the disc by the time it hits that point. I hope it stays strong for you
replyreply
09-21-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
(09-20-2022 )Southmost Wrote:  It ended up being that my self adjusting clutch needed to reset. $1,000 later and I learned something new. It was a really simple fix once this awesome diesel mechanic diagnosed it. I was so happy/blessed I was able to find that diesel shop. Shop only charged me $375, the rest was for the wrecker. 3 hours of troubleshooting.

he will be back on here again i think...

if that thing has an auto-adjuster clutch in it and if it is showing anywhere near the half-way worn range .. then that clutch is done for. Here is a post talking about it with picture...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65599

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
09-21-2022, (Subject: I can't seem to change gear. ) 
Your completely correct every one I’ve ever pulled out that was near halfway range was completely toast. Either the springs were worn through or the ears broke off the center plate. I’ve seen that ALOT more since they started with self adjusting clutches
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.