2 codes after changing Imap sensor
09-17-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
2 codes after changing Imap sensor
After changing the IMAP sensor, and cleaning the egr differential pressure sensor, I had 2 codes come up code 124 pid 102 Intake manifold pressure high but above normal range

and code 687 pid 103 low turbocharger n1 speed

Cleared the codes but after researching the first one, it said it could derate the engine. anyone know what I missed? got 2 other codes but they are for the aftertreatment noX sensor outlet.

for those looking into these 2 sensors, the IMAP sensor is now 80, and the EGR differential is 242 from kenworth.
replyreply
09-18-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
RE: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor
I vote chasing that turbo speed code. How fresh is the engine harness? What were your reasons for replacing the imap? Were there logged failts prior to replacement?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hennessy
09-18-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
(09-18-2022 )Agentspd Wrote:  I vote chasing that turbo speed code. How fresh is the engine harness? What were your reasons for replacing the imap? Were there logged failts prior to replacement?

I originally had the 25% derate with the check engine light due to a bad/clogged/oh-so-disgusting IMAP sensor. Instead of cleaning it which Cummins kind of recommends, I bought a new one and just replaced the old one. I wanted to replace the Delta pressure sensor but did not have the $200.00 for that sensor, so I just cleaned it. Started up the truck to scan the codes and those 4 codes showed up. After doing some research, this is what Cummins showed.... File: 189-t06-687 Page 1 of 11
ISX15 CM2350 X101
Fault Code: 687 | SPN: 103 | FMI: 18
Turbocharger 1 Speed - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating
Range - Moderately Severe Level
1 Check for primary fault codes
2 Turbocharger speed sensor is malfunctioning
3 Intake manifold pressure sensor has carbon buildup
4 Intake manifold pressure sensor stuck in-range
5 Turbocharger speed sensor resistance check
6 Turbocharger speed sensor open circuit check
7 Turbocharger speed sensor circuit pin to ground short
8 Turbocharger speed sensor circuit pin to pin short
9 ECM calibration revision history check
10 Turbocharger speed sensor is malfunctioning

I cleared the codes, nothing came back yet, but I'm gonna put my finger on #3...
replyreply
09-19-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
(09-17-2022 )Hennessy Wrote:  After changing the IMAP sensor, and cleaning the egr differential pressure sensor, I had 2 codes come up code 124 pid 102 Intake manifold pressure high but above normal range

and code 687 pid 103 low turbocharger n1 speed

Cleared the codes but after researching the first one, it said it could derate the engine. anyone know what I missed? got 2 other codes but they are for the aftertreatment noX sensor outlet.

for those looking into these 2 sensors, the IMAP sensor is now 80, and the EGR differential is 242 from kenworth.

Simply replacing those sensors (IMAP and Delta-P sensors) with good, new OEM sensors does not make the engine suddenly have more faults...

If you replaced the IMAP and then got a fault for it not being plugged in then either it is not plugged in properly, or you likely got a bad sensor.

===
if you are getting a turbo speed sensor alarm then it is most likely a bad speed sensor?, or it got unplugged?.

Also, some history, what model engine/truck, etc. adding in some more details might be more helpful in getting more responses.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-19-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
A few weeks ago my brother received a genuine cummins IMAP sensor for his ISM from a peterbilt dealership that was faulted being brand new. It was a cummins part but an obsolete part and we chased it for a while until we tried a known good sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hennessy
09-23-2022, (Subject: 2 codes after changing Imap sensor ) 
It's a 2014 Kenworth T660, with an ISX15 CM2350 Inframe was done 100000 miles ago, turbo and actuator were replaced about 20000 miles ago. After replacing the one sensor and cleaning the other, I cleared the codes. The fault code was due to the IMAP sensor having too much soot. Coming up from ga last night, got the same check engine light and 25% loss power bs, took out the IMAP sensor and cleaned it. So far all is well, but I do have some questions....

When cleaning the intake, what would be the best way to clean it? I have carb/choke cleaner but dont know is it should use a brush on it.

I'm planning on doing the egr valve as well once i get back to jax, anything good I can use?
replyreply
A stiff nylon bristle brush, like a bottle brush and some shop air.
replyreply
(09-23-2022 )Hennessy Wrote:  It's a 2014 Kenworth T660, with an ISX15 CM2350 Inframe was done 100000 miles ago, turbo and actuator were replaced about 20000 miles ago. After replacing the one sensor and cleaning the other, I cleared the codes. The fault code was due to the IMAP sensor having too much soot. Coming up from ga last night, got the same check engine light and 25% loss power bs, took out the IMAP sensor and cleaned it. So far all is well, but I do have some questions....

When cleaning the intake, what would be the best way to clean it? I have carb/choke cleaner but dont know is it should use a brush on it.

I'm planning on doing the egr valve as well once i get back to jax, anything good I can use?

I use Palmolive dish detergent............The green kind

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.