Main, rod bearing and oil pump
09-07-2016, (Subject: Main, rod bearing and oil pump ) 
RE: Main, rod bearing and oil pump
No but a sticking pressure valve would. Its built in the pump
replyreply
09-07-2016, (Subject: Main, rod bearing and oil pump ) 
(09-07-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  No but a sticking pressure valve would. Its built in the pump

Perhaps a score in the pressure regulating bore when performing the pump shim procedure Mr Hagg?
I watched Rawze's video of the oil pump shim procedure, the only thing I did different was I placed the dimes in the cup of the dogbone so they were "captured". I don't believe it should make a difference, but is there any possibility that if the dimes are on the ball end of the spring instead that they may flutter during startup and catch on something until sufficient pressure (80psi) forces them into alignment? Just spitballing

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-08-2016, (Subject: Main, rod bearing and oil pump ) 
I would want to verify the sensor reading with a different sensor/gauge to see if it is just a bad electronic component.
replyreply
09-09-2016, (Subject: Main, rod bearing and oil pump ) 
(09-07-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  No but a sticking pressure valve would. Its built in the pump

Perhaps a score in the pressure regulating bore when performing the pump shim procedure Mr Hagg?
I watched Rawze's video of the oil pump shim procedure, the only thing I did different was I placed the dimes in the cup of the dogbone so they were "captured". I don't believe it should make a difference, but is there any possibility that if the dimes are on the ball end of the spring instead that they may flutter during startup and catch on something until sufficient pressure (80psi) forces them into alignment? Just spitballing
I did put the dimes between the spring and the dog bone. The shim that I miss aligned was the one between the bock and oil pump. The one that sets the gear clearance
replyreply
(09-08-2016 )Vin Wrote:  I would want to verify the sensor reading with a different sensor/gauge to see if it is just a bad electronic component.
I did replace the sensor to verify the accuracy of the old one
replyreply
(09-07-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

I'm getting ready to shim my pump next oil change. Do I do pUT the dimes between spring and dog bone or like rawze did on the video? I think it might be pretty hard to do like rawze with pump installed and being able to keep dimes straight no?
replyreply
(09-09-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I'm getting ready to shim my pump next oil change. Do I do pUT the dimes between spring and dog bone or like rawze did on the video? I think it might be pretty hard to do like rawze with pump installed and being able to keep dimes straight no?

That's entirely up to you. I think either way will work fine.
Personally I put mine in the dogbone cup.
My reasoning was;
By placing the dime pack in the cup, the spring stays aligned against the pump body and poses no disruption of oil flow into the regulating bore as the spring end is still open and unobstructed. The dimes are "captured" and pose no risk without a spring failure. The dime pack is short enough that the end of the spring is "centered" because it still inserts into the cup still held in place by the cup wall thereby protecting the bore surface as much as possible.
Also, IF I decided I wasn't satisfied, suspected issues, or I wanted to add more because I was conservative and only used 7, I thought it would be quite simple to remove or add to the dime pack as they will probably stay stuck in the dogbone by the surface tension of the oil.
BTW, I'm also full of $#!t, and you do this procedure at your own risk...but I'm pleased with the results.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Nice thanks hammer!!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.