Stumped on no CC or Jake brake
09-19-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
Stumped on no CC or Jake brake
Hey all!
Been working 4 months to get this pile of shi#t I bought to be in working order. Everything is pretty much complete other than I can’t figure out why cruise control, high idle, and the Jake don’t work.

They were working, then someone changed some stuff in insite chasing some other issues and since then it hasn’t worked.

I’ve gotten a stock file, loaded it, screenshot all the parameters, loaded original tune on, and copied that over to still no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything at all I’d greatly appreciate it!
replyreply
09-19-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
RE: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake
Sent you a pm with my number. Don't be afraid to text me tomorrow and I'll remote in and see if I can find the changed setting.

If you flashed a stock calibration unfortunately it will carry over the same parameters and not change them. Different model trucks can have the same calibration with different parameter settings. That's why it's important to make an image or template through insite. I used to skip making a template until I got myself in a pickle like yours. Now I make one every time I connect with an ecu.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SRTDiesel , Rawze , hhow55
09-20-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
Try disabling your clutch switch in insite

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
(09-19-2022 )windowrattler Wrote:  Sent you a pm with my number. Don't be afraid to text me tomorrow and I'll remote in and see if I can find the changed setting.

If you flashed a stock calibration unfortunately it will carry over the same parameters and not change them. Different model trucks can have the same calibration with different parameter settings. That's why it's important to make an image or template through insite. I used to skip making a template until I got myself in a pickle like yours. Now I make one every time I connect with an ecu.

Sent ya a text!
replyreply
Well it has me stumped a bit also. I'm leaning towards a CECU setting over an ECM setting but I've never messed around with ESA. You can see all switches activate in the CECU like they should but nothing seems to make it to the ecm. Clutch switch is a direct wire so that activates for him in Insite. Checked the J1939 settings and we went through and enabled them and set to 49-cab controller.

SRT had mentioned they were chasing an abs item in the CECU and with not being familiar with it I'm not sure what to look for. I panned through most of the screens and settings and didn't see anything that stood out. I know there are multiple can networks in the truck, is it possible to be sending the messages for brake, cruise, exhaust, etc on the wrong can network or excluding a network?
replyreply
It sounds like there was an issue in the past while flashing in regards to the ECMs template, if its lost that information reloading a calibration will just carry over the same information or lack thereof. What id start with is find someone with the same truck and engine and pull the template from that ECM and write it into yours.

Make/model/engine you have? myself or someone else here may have a template that would work as well as instructions on getting it into the ECM which is quite easy
replyreply
It's a 2015 peterbilt 389. I was comparing it today to a 14 579 which has a few differences with no luck. I had felt pretty confident that I could find the setting as I fixed quite a few others with similar parameter issues but no go.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(09-20-2022 )Colter Wrote:  It sounds like there was an issue in the past while flashing in regards to the ECMs template, if its lost that information reloading a calibration will just carry over the same information or lack thereof. What id start with is find someone with the same truck and engine and pull the template from that ECM and write it into yours.

Make/model/engine you have? myself or someone else here may have a template that would work as well as instructions on getting it into the ECM which is quite easy

It’s a 2015 389 cm2350 isx
replyreply
(09-20-2022 )SRTDiesel Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 )Colter Wrote:  It sounds like there was an issue in the past while flashing in regards to the ECMs template, if its lost that information reloading a calibration will just carry over the same information or lack thereof. What id start with is find someone with the same truck and engine and pull the template from that ECM and write it into yours.

It’s a 2015 389 cm2350 isx

It’s giving me a 0285 FMI 9 code with about 20 things listed as active.

Essentially anything that is enabled in SAE j1939 multiplexing in parameters in insite it’s showing a code for.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.