ISX turbo burned up on its first run after demandate
09-29-2022, (Subject: ISX turbo burned up on its first run after demandate ) 
ISX turbo burned up on its first run after demandate
My brother had his ISX 12 demandated yesterday and this morning on its first run the truck started smoking like crazy and when he opened the hood the turbo was glowing red.This happened within an hour of taking off.What could hace caused this?
replyreply
RE: ISX turbo burned up on its first run after demandate
Here’s a picture of the turbo.All his other ISX’s are deleted and they all get driven the same but none Have had this happen to it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
An over-spooled or over-closed turbo, trapping too much heat?.

How much boost was it making?.. and what were the EGT's?.

* #1. send a copy of the de-mandate programing to me for a proper review.

* #2. When is the last time a turbo inspection was done, etc. to ensure the turbo was not hanging up?.

* #3. - Did anyone ensure all the exhaust was 100% hollowed out and free-flowing?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Also, I just spoke to him on the phone... Looks like his buddy might not have hollow anything out?.

-== ALL cans, DoC, DPF, and SCR, a 3 units too need to be 100% to the bare metal and free-flowing to get that heat away from that turbo and engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-29-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Also, I just spoke to him on the phone... Looks like his buddy might not have hollow anything out?.

-== ALL cans, DoC, DPF, and SCR, a 3 units too need to be 100% to the bare metal and free-flowing to get that heat away from that turbo and engine.

I was mistaken.Just got off the phone with my brother and he told me that they straight piped it last night.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.