Turbo and boost set up and head problems
09-30-2022, (Subject: Turbo and boost set up and head problems ) 
Turbo and boost set up and head problems
Alright guys I need some help. I currently have a 2007 Peterbilt 379 with a 565 ISX. When I bought this truck three years ago it had 600,000 or so on an overhaul done by a {completely horrible} shop in PA. This shop also deleted, tuned (was told around 600hp to tires) and added {puke-bits} {garbage} intake and exhaust manifolds and a {puke-bits} Big {garbage} turbo. Fast forward to 750,000 on the rebuild and my turbo goes out. I call said shop as I am in MO and told them I couldn’t find a Big Boss replacement and they told me to throw a Borg Warner 135/80mm on it and let it ride. Around 50,000 miles after this I had a piston end up in the oil pan. So my shop in MO decided we should just do an drop in 565 Cummins Recon in. We left everything the same and swapped my turbo, manifolds, and all the bolt on outside the motor parts. Fast forward to 100,000 miles on the new motor and I’ve got a cracked head. Cummins replaced head under warranty and 3000 miles later it pops again. They say it was a mis installed non ferrous ring. They replaced ring and told me it was good. 100 miles down the road and I’m dumping smoke out of the blow by and oil fill. Take it back and they replace liner piston and rod, rod bearings on cylinder two and new rings on all pistons. 20,000 miles later my truck won’t idle over 500 rpm’s. Chose not to deal with Cummins again and had my shop tear into it. 4 burnt exhaust valves, two leaking injectors, needs a new head as mine can’t be shaved and still be in spec. Cummins warranties the head again and we are in the process of putting it back together with all new rod bearings, new piston and liner on #1 cylinder, new head, and all new injectors.

So now my mechanic is recommend we turn the motor down to 550hp and 1850 torque. My question is do you think the bigger turbo pushing 42psi of boost is part of the problem or is my tune that ran on the old motor for 800,000 miles and 100,000 on the new averaging 6.7 mpg somehow now causing issues, or have I just had a run of bad reman heads from Cummins?
replyreply
RE: Turbo and boost set up and head problems
The problem is the absolute garbage-can modifications by that complete garbage shop that you claimed was ehemm.. Repukatble!!!... they are the worst of the worst at butchering engine into utter oblivion!!!... !!!..... big-0garbage turbo's.. big-garbage programming,.. big-garbage delete... and ALL THOSE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LYING THEIR ARSSES OFF TO GET THE RED ENGINE MAKER TO WARRANTY ANY OF THAT STUFFS!!!.. LIKE A BUNCH OF COMPLETE GODDAMN CROOKS!!!..

HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET THAT ONE PHONE CALL.. AND A PERSON COULD HAVE ALL THAT WARRANTY REVOKED AND YOU OWE THEM SOME BIG DAMN $$$ MOOLAS!!.. AND GET THAT SHOP INTO REAL TROUBLE THERE! -== I AM NOT A FAN OF THE RED ENGINE MAKER.. BUT SOMEONE IS RIPPING THEM OFF BIG-TIME REPLACING PARTS UNDER WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR AN ENIGNE THAT A REPAIR SHOP HAS BUTCHERED AND DESTROYED INTO REDNECK OBLIVION USING MODS NOT FIT FOR A GADDMAN LAWM-MOWER, NONETHELESS A $40,000 COMMERCIAL ENIGNE!.

WELCOME TO THE BAD DELETE CLUB!... YOU ARE FULL FORCE DEEP INTO IT!!!...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

YOUR ONLY HOPE TO MAKE A RELIABLE ISX OUT OF IT AGAIN IS TO UNDO ALL THE GODDAMN GARBAGE THAT YOU HAVE HAD DONE TO THAT ENGINE!!... WHAT A DAMN SHAME!!!.

IT IS NOT THE ENGINES FAULT!!1... IT IS THE COMPLETE TOTAL IGNORANCE OF WHATEVER GARBAGE REPAIR SHOPS THAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF CAUGHT UP INTO +++ THEIR COMPLETE BUTCHERING OF THAT ENGINE INTO A REDNECK HALF-ARSSED OBLIVION!... AND THIS IS YOUR WAKE-UP CALL!!!. -== IF ANYONE DO NOT AGREE THEN THEY ARE ON THE WRONG DAMN FORUM.. BECAUSE AROUND HERE.. WE DO NOT ALLOW FOOLS WITH IDIOT MODS ARGUE IN FAVOR OF THIS KIND OF STUPIDITY AROUND HERE!... YOU NEED TO RUN LIKE H#ELL AS FAST AWAY FROM THAT COLLECTION OF CLOWNS YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING IT TO AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!.

-======

UNDO ALL OF THE GARBAGE!!!.. PUT THAT VG TURBO + FACTORY MANIFOLD + FIX ANY ASSOCIATED SENSORS, ETC. BACK ONTO IT THAT BELONGS TO THAT ENGINE SER#... AND GET THAT HORRIBLE BAD DELETE PROGRAMMING OUT OF IT A.S.A.P. OR KEEP POURING ENDLESS MONEYS INTO THAT TRASH-CAN OF AN ENGINE YOU HAVE MADE FOR YOURSELF THERE LIKE A DAMN FOOL.. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

No one here is telling you to put the egr and DPF back onto it, that is not what we are saying ... However, De-mandating an ISX does NOT INVOLVE ALL THOSE GODDAMN REDNECK MODS AND HORSE-S$IT POWER/GARBAGE MANIFOLDS AND TURBO'S THAT DON'T MATCH THE ENGINE .. things can be done 100% right.. BUT IT REQUIRES THE ORIGINAL FACTORY COMPONENTS TO DO SO!!!. That Vg turbo is what the ISX uses to set its proper fuel-air-mix for the engine.. and SOME COMPLETE IDIOT REMOVED IT!.. screwing all the h#ell the engine ability to control its own self any more.. which significantly shortens the engine life and destroys components over and over in the end.

That original 500-series components that were on the engine when new WERE ALREADY CAPABLE OF HANDLING MORE THAN 800+hp ... but for some damn reason.. that disease of an area you live in up there in PA.. is associated with that horrible place in utah.. where they push all that garbage not fit for a lawn-mower .. and you have found yourself caught up in it front and center!.

Shops like you are at have the absolute WORST programming out there.. that completely destroys the VG turbo once they put their garbage delete in .. AND THEY ALREADY KNOW IT!. -.. SO THEY go around and convince their customers to sell you all the garbage that you have not found yourself in. -== It is a scam hands down to cover up the fact they THEY ARE BEYOND GODDAMN CLUELESS!!!.

-=====

RUN LIKE ALL HE#LL AWAY FORM THAT GARBAGE REPAIR SHOP!!!.. THEY ARE YOUR PROBLEM!!!>. AND YOU AS WELL FOR NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER.. OR FOR BELIEVING ANY OF THEIR BULLS$IT COMING FROM THEIR MOUTHS!!!...

#1.. RIP ALL THE GARBAGE OFF OF IT!!!... AND PUT THE FACTORY TURBO, FACTORY MANIFOLD, AND PUT A CIRCUIT TO ALLOW COOLANT FLOW THRU WHERE THE EGR COOLER ONCE WAS.. OR PUT THE EGR COOLER BACK ONTO IT!.

#2 .. GET THAT GARBAGE PROGRAMMING OUT OF THAT ENGINE!!... IT IS NOTING BUT ABSOLUTE ENGINE KILLING TRASH!!!.

#3. PUT the factory programming back into that engine that belongs to that engine and vehicle!>.. run it for 10 minutes.. and then apply the @m*m^2 (version-w) method to it so that the engine can operate in its originally designed operating mode that was already built in from the factory to run itself without all the cans under it.

#4. REPAIR ANY SENSORS LIKE THE EXHAUST PRESSURE SENSOR, TURBO INLET TEMP SENSOR, AND ANY OTHERS THAT WERE DEFEATED THAT THE ENGINE ACTUALLY NEEDS so that it can make proper combustion, and control internal friction, etc. properly again.

-== prey like h#ell no other damage has occurred .. and that the engine was built correctly.. of which it likely has not been if your dealing what those kinds of complete morons any ways!.

-== I GOT THE SAME DAMNED MODEL ENGINE YOU HAVE.. and it now has 1.4 million miles on it and going strong!.. and only one turbo has ever been replaced in that time frame (due to normal age and wear)... that is the reality of HOW BAD YOU F#$UCKED UP WHEN YOU LET SOME GAGGLE OF COMPLETE IDIOTS BUTCHER YOUR ENGINE INTO OBLIVION!.

--===

And by the way.. that model ISX enigne cannot handle more than about 37-38 psi boost. YOu mentioned 42+ psi boost.. and that will absolutely kill that engine!. Matter of fact just for proper reference, it only ever took 39 psi boost to make 1,000HP on that model engine even in competition-only setups not meant for road use.. and it was done WITH THE STOCK VG TURBO AND MANIFOLDS without any issues. This all without over-spooling it... so that should tell ya how much garbage info and fairy-tale trash that you have been fed and sold into there to begin with, b y that gaggle of complete morons you have been putting your faith into blindly. To even suggest that engine needs all that after-grabge products on it, is noting but salesman trash to cover up bad delete programming that destroys the VG turbo because they are too stupid o0n how to properly re-programming it.

This is because the compression ratio of that ISX is very different than other engines of its era.. and it does not need a lot of help to make full torque/power at all. At 600HP, 1850 or 2050 torque.. that engine should see no more than about 37-38 psi MAXIMUM. Any more, and all the problems that you are describing will start to take its toll re3al fast,. leading to exactly the failures that you have suffered. It is well known.

-== you have been LIED TO!.. you have been SCAMMED!.. and you have BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.. ALL IN THE NAME OF BIG POWER AND GARBAGE ADVERTISEMENTS IN THE NAME OF A SHOP THAT IS NOTORIOUS FOR DESTROYING EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH!.. because they are ABSOLUTELY BEYOND GODDAMN CLUELESS idiots!!!

WHAT was done to your engine has no place in trucking.. it has not place even in competition.. those things are for week-end warriors who have more money to burn than brains in their heads.. and even then.. THAT PLACE IS STILL 100% CLUELESS! .. because they don't even have any clues how to make proper power/torque in any engine that I have ever seen them touch.. not even half-way right.

Right about now, after reading this.. you should be slapping yourself in the forehead.. and telling yourself.. " how could I have been so Stupid!".

The road to undo all the garbage is going to be expensive and a journey to get of back right. No one wants to hear that, but that is the reality of the situation that you have gotten into. Even after all that.. if that same shop is doing all the rebuilding and repairs.. I can almost grantee you that it will be a complete sh$it-show of a rebuild too, and it has a high risk of failing yet again. That is how bad those places really are unless you can get it away form them BEFORE they half-arsse fix it yet again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Volvo8873
Literally a crying shame. What an udder waste of so much time and money!! Yet they do it every day and make millions!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I don't know why the guys asking for help have to be criticized, called idiots, and whatever else. The truck was like this when he bought it. I'm pretty sure if he had know it was a ticking time bomb he would have left it set. HE never had anything done by the Garbage Repair Shop. I don't get it. To me it seems like he wants to do the right thing and is just asking for help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Slammedpete
(09-30-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  I don't know why the guys asking for help have to be criticized, called idiots, and whatever else. The truck was like this when he bought it. I'm pretty sure if he had know it was a ticking time bomb he would have left it set. HE never had anything done by the Garbage Repair Shop. I don't get it. To me it seems like he wants to do the right thing and is just asking for help.

I didn't call him an idiot.. I called the situation.. AND CALL OUT SHOP WHO IS TRYING TO (from how it reads) SCAM WARRANTY REPAIRS ON A BUTCHERED ENGINE AND NOT INFORMING HIM OF HOW BAD THE DELETE AND ITS GARBAGE MODS ARE.

if you have issue with that then go cry over on social medai about it, as it has no place on here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
{post removed by Rawze - go talk up your garbage-can delete somewhere else.. I know better.. it has no place on rawze.com. }
replyreply
10-01-2022, (Subject: Turbo and boost set up and head problems ) 
I would love to know what Cummins dealer is punching all these warranty claims through. Most dealers over here won't warrant anything on a totally stock engine that shows an old version of Insite in the audit trail.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.