Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating
09-30-2022, (Subject: Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating ) 
Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating
I got a 2015 peterbilt 389 I swapped a cm570 signature 600 in it beginning of this year. Did a new eston 2050 clutch right away too. And since then or a few weeks after that I have had a vibration in my clutch pedal under load. As soon as its pulling hard I get a bad vibration/pulsating feeling in the clutch pedal. Its more noticeable if I rest my foot on the pedal to get rid of the free play. Can also feel it in the floor. Has anyone ever experienced this and could give some insight? Is it a clutch problem or an engine problem? Thank you.
replyreply
10-01-2022, (Subject: Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating ) 
RE: Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating
Was a clutch-kit used and the flywheel turned?.

Is it at only certain RPM ranges?.

Does it matter what gear you are in?.

Anyone re-check the tranny mounting bolts to ensure none of them have come loose?

Anyone do a second drive-line inspection to ensure you don't have a u-joint with excess play in it?.

just some thoughts/guesses.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Did you replace the cross shafts and bushings when the clutch was fitted?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Make sure that you have the proper adjustment set on the clutch. We just had a 367 ppl chased a vibration like this around with, and at some point someone messed with the clutch linkages and altered the adjustment. Once we reset the linkages and redid the adjustment the vibration was gone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , smorgan87
(10-01-2022 )Signature620 Wrote:  Did you replace the cross shafts and bushings when the clutch was fitted?
Crossshafts were replaced. The bushing do feel a little bit loose
replyreply
(10-01-2022 )NDISX15 Wrote:  Make sure that you have the proper adjustment set on the clutch. We just had a 367 ppl chased a vibration like this around with, and at some point someone messed with the clutch linkages and altered the adjustment. Once we reset the linkages and redid the adjustment the vibration was gone.
As far as I'm aware my clutch is adjusted good. I have about 1.5 inches of freeplay
replyreply
10-02-2022, (Subject: Clutch pedal vibration/pulsating ) 
Should be ok then, tho I set all of ours around 2"......Not sure if the 1/2" would make that kind of difference. Shouldn't.

Have you dropped the inspection plate and looked at the pressure plate and springs while someone bars the motor over or bumps the key? Look for broken springs or anything out of place. Otherwise you're gonna be looking at the things that Rawze mentioned. Flywheel not machined/out of round, u joints/driveline out of whack, etc.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.